GT: Toronto Blue Jays @ Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
But allowing him to pitch in the ASG makes sense? I'm sure it's going to be great for his elbow when he goes in there throwing 100 mph.

It doesn't, but he's got to throw on the side anyway, and its one inning is the reasoning. I do agree with you though, if he's going to rest for the White Sox, he shouldn't be pitching for the AL.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To put things into perspective a bit:

-They just won 5 of their 6 before the ASB against the AL's best and a team that they always lose against.

-They finally figured out how to win at home.

-This was winnable with Sale on the mound, but him pitching in September is more important than today's game.

-They can do no worse than being 3 full games in 1st place past the halfway mark.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)

-They just won 5 of their 6 before the ASB against the AL's best and a team that they always lose against.

-This was winnable with Sale on the mound, but him pitching in September is more important than today's game.

-They can do no worse than being 3 full games in 1st place past the halfway mark.

I have no problem with them skipping Sale today, as long as he also skips the exhibition game on Tuesday. I understand he's going to be throwing anyway, but not at that level. If you're going to rest him, rest him. I guess all the talk that the name of the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back doesn't apply in this case. I'm just wondering why.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
I have no problem with them skipping Sale today, as long as he also skips the exhibition game on Tuesday. I understand he's going to be throwing anyway, but not at that level. If you're going to rest him, rest him. I guess all the talk that the name of the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back doesn't apply in this case. I'm just wondering why.

Because it's throwing 1 inning or so?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)

Oh, I agree 100%. I'm just saying that although they are likely going to lose today, they're still 3 games up in 1st place. I would've bet anyone my house prior to the season that this would not have been the case.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)

And all the talk is about Detroit. All the ESPN guys etc... are saying that Detroit will turn it around in the 2nd half. NOBODY is hardly talking about us at all. Ventura got the mid-season AL manager award from some of those guys on TV the other day, but still I like being the unknown and just quietly keep doing what we've done the past 2 weeks!

QUOTE (Knoxville Sox @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
And all the talk is about Detroit. All the ESPN guys etc... are saying that Detroit will turn it around in the 2nd half. NOBODY is hardly talking about us at all. Ventura got the mid-season AL manager award from some of those guys on TV the other day, but still I like being the unknown and just quietly keep doing what we've done the past 2 weeks!

Right, but the point is that we are all talking here like the Sox are down 11-0 and 4 games out. The rookies had a bad game today. They were due for one.

QUOTE (Knoxville Sox @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
Good start to the inning here! I like bringing Youkilis to the plate with men on base! Good things have happened so far.

Just like that was planned or something! :-)