7/9 Games

flavum

Great Falls has scored 12 runs in the 5th inning. Here is the fun, I've never seen an inning like this one (outs in bold)...

Great Falls Bottom of the 5th

Justin Jirschele walks.

Micah Johnson singles on a line drive to left fielder Daniel Pigott. Justin Jirschele to 2nd.

Kyle Robinson reaches on force attempt, throwing error by pitcher Nick Routt. Justin Jirschele to 3rd. Micah Johnson to 2nd.

With Brent Tanner batting, wild pitch by Nick Routt, Justin Jirschele scores. Micah Johnson to 3rd. Kyle Robinson to 2nd.

Brent Tanner strikes out swinging.

Michael Marjama triples (1) on a fly ball to right fielder Jesse Winker. Micah Johnson scores. Kyle Robinson scores.

Abe Ruiz hit by pitch.

Yoandy Barroso singles on a line drive to left fielder Daniel Pigott. Michael Marjama scores. Abe Ruiz to 2nd.

Pitcher Change: Nolan Becker replaces Nick Routt.

Tyler Williams singles on a ground ball to center fielder Beau Amaral. Abe Ruiz to 3rd. Yoandy Barroso to 2nd.

Adam Heisler singles on a ground ball to right fielder Jesse Winker. Abe Ruiz scores. Yoandy Barroso scores. Tyler Williams to 2nd.

Justin Jirschele reaches on force attempt, throwing error by first baseman Robert Maddox. Tyler Williams scores. Adam Heisler to 2nd.

With Micah Johnson batting, wild pitch by Nolan Becker, Adam Heisler to 3rd. Justin Jirschele to 2nd.

Billings Mustangs Manager Pat Kelly ejected by HP umpire Charlie Ramos.

Micah Johnson walks.

Kyle Robinson strikes out swinging.

Brent Tanner singles on a line drive to right fielder Jesse Winker. Adam Heisler scores. Justin Jirschele scores. Micah Johnson to 2nd.

With Michael Marjama batting, wild pitch by Nolan Becker, Micah Johnson to 3rd. Brent Tanner to 2nd.

Michael Marjama doubles (1) on a line drive to right fielder Jesse Winker. Micah Johnson scores. Brent Tanner scores.

Pitcher Change: Erik Miller replaces Nolan Becker.

Abe Ruiz walks. Wild pitch by pitcher Erik Miller. Michael Marjama to 3rd.

Yoandy Barroso singles on a ground ball to third baseman Seth Mejias-Brean. Michael Marjama scores. Abe Ruiz to 2nd.

Tyler Williams grounds out, second baseman Robert Ramirez to first baseman Robert Maddox.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 12:26 AM)
So Hawkins is already a bust. 24 K's in 77 AB's.

(I'm joking but I assure you some people on this board already do think he's a Bust)

He has been bad across the board to this point. I don't put any stock in rookie ball numbers though. Talk to me in a calendar year from now.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 01:05 AM)
This Terance Marin guy is pretty awesome, apparently.

He's still doing pretty well, though BAA has doubled and his K numbers have dropped a bit since his promotion. He's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 06:16 AM)
Very nice night for Eric Grabe.

He's opened the season pretty well.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 12:26 AM)
So Hawkins is already a bust. 24 K's in 77 AB's.

(I'm joking but I assure you some people on this board already do think he's a Bust)

I don't care what he does this year. He's probably trying to do too much. He's probably homesick. He's probably played more baseball in a short period of time than he has in his life against the best competition.

This is where the attention an 18-year-old gets is completely unfair. 20 years ago, a guy got drafted and you didn't know his stats until the season was over...or you really had to look for it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 08:17 AM)
I should have recognized by the strike out numbers. I guess I was hoping he was out of the organization after last year.

I think he K's at close to 60%. No worries, he'll be in Birmingham soon enough.