7/11 Games

flavum

Humber was supposed to start for the Barons tonight, but the game's already in nearly a one hour delay.

Theoretically, he was going to be able to return on the 17th (next Tuesday) against the Tigers.

If he doesn't get the game in tonight, they're going to have to move him to another affiliate tomorrow or keep him with the Barons depending on the weather forecast to keep him on regular rest.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 06:49 PM)
Humber was supposed to start for the Barons tonight, but the game's already in nearly a one hour delay.

Theoretically, he was going to be able to return on the 17th (next Tuesday) against the Tigers.

If he doesn't get the game in tonight, they're going to have to move him to another affiliate tomorrow or keep him with the Barons depending on the weather forecast to keep him on regular rest.

Postponed, which sucks.

I think they intended to activate Humber from the DL tomorrow to take Deunte Heath's vacated roster spot. Thus why he was going to pitch for the Barons tonight. Otherwise they would have waited until Charlotte came off the break.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
I think they intended to activate Humber from the DL tomorrow to take Deunte Heath's vacated roster spot. Thus why he was going to pitch for the Barons tonight. Otherwise they would have waited until Charlotte came off the break.

It looked to me like they were going to wait until the next time his slot was up to start, and take Jesse Crain off of the DL. I'm guessing when Humber is ready, Omogrosso goes down, and Axe goes to the pen as the long man.

Septimo's going to be on short notice too if he has a couple more outings like Sunday.

Walks and no clue about holding the runner (Rajai Davis) on base....wild pitch, the perfect storm of a bad appearance.

It's one thing to do well against the Yankees in games that are out of reach, but pitching when the pressure's on?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:41 AM)
Septimo's going to be on short notice too if he has a couple more outings like Sunday.

Walks and no clue about holding the runner (Rajai Davis) on base....wild pitch, the perfect storm of a bad appearance.

It's one thing to do well against the Yankees in games that are out of reach, but pitching when the pressure's on?

I've seen you make this same statement four or five times now. Why on earth would you jump to conclusions on a reliever after one appearance unless his stuff was terrible? Clearly that's not the case and he's new to the majors. Let's give him some time before we write him off.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 09:57 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2644783:date=Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:41 AM:name=caulfield12)-->
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:41 AM)
<!--quotec-->Septimo's going to be on short notice too if he has a couple more outings like Sunday.

I've seen you make this same statement four or five times now. Why on earth would you jump to conclusions on a reliever after one appearance unless his stuff was terrible? Clearly that's not the case and he's new to the majors. Let's give him some time before we write him off.

The problem of course is that if a rookie reliever comes up in a pennant race and has repeated outings where he can't throw strikes...he might well have a great future as a solid reliever for the next 20 years, but he'd still be a liability during that particular pennant race.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:59 AM)
The problem of course is that if a rookie reliever comes up in a pennant race and has repeated outings where he can't throw strikes...he might well have a great future as a solid reliever for the next 20 years, but he'd still be a liability during that particular pennant race.

Hudson for Jackson?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:59 AM)
Why? He'd be replacing Axelrod. Worst case scenario, it's a neutral move. Best case scenario, Humber is a significant upgrade. I'm not sure what's not to like.

Like I said, only partially. I bet Axe becomes the long man, and Omogrosso goes back to Charlotte.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:59 AM)

Repeated being the key word here. He's had one so far. Let's give him a few more appearances before we start looking at other options for this year. I'm not saying you're guilty of this, but there are way too many people on this site who have no patience for young players. Let these young guys get some work in and get over the initial pressures of being in the majors before writing them off. That's all I'm saying.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:06 AM)
Repeated being the key word here. He's had one so far. Let's give him a few more appearances before we start looking at other options for this year. I'm not saying you're guilty of this, but there are way too many people on this site who have no patience for young players. Let these young guys get some work in and get over the initial pressures of being in the majors before writing them off. That's all I'm saying.

Did I miss a game where he pitched poorly? He had a terrible one batter outing when he looked very green.

The rest I can remember were fine outings that made it seem like he deserved his role.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
Did I miss a game where he pitched poorly? He had a terrible one batter outing when he looked very green.

The rest I can remember were fine outings that made it seem like he deserved his role.

I didn't see the particular outing, but caulfield has mentioned it multiple times. I've liked what I have seen of him so far.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
I didn't see the particular outing, but caulfield has mentioned it multiple times. I've liked what I have seen of him so far.

Caulfield just likes mentioning as many names as possible.

Septimo has been fine from what I've seen as well. Kind of reminds me of Felix Heredia (which isn't the most glowing of comps, just physically)

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
Caulfield just likes mentioning as many names as possible.

Septimo has been fine from what I've seen as well. Kind of reminds me of Felix Heredia (which isn't the most glowing of comps, just physically)

He reminds me so much of Rafael Perez of the Indians, where every other slider seems to be in the dirt.

Didn't make it to the Great Falls game in Ogden. It was too f***ing hot. Maybe it was too hot for the Voyagers too. I'll definitely be seeing them in August. Hope to see every game of their series in Orem. I live just minutes from the ballpark.