Sox are interested in Volquez and Street

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
Don't forget that Dempster can say no to coming to the Sox if he wants.

Did you miss my post?...

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
the Cubs beat writer just said the other day that the Sox were, in his view, likely on Dempster's short list of teams he'd accept a trade to. Keep in mind that this is a half season stint, and he probably would rather not have to move twice with his family in tow.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)
Experience doesn't always mean better. And Street is injury-prone. And calling Volquez a "quality" starter is a bit of a stretch.

I think "experience" has become my least favorite word when describing someones worth as a player.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
So much for MLBTradeRumors "if its whispered, we hear it" after a radio report and 6 pages of comments here.

If the Rays fall out of contention by the deadline, I wonder what James Shields' price tag will be?

Funny that you mention it, I shot Tim Dierkes an email yesterday letting him know about the rumor. No traction. I think the name of the beat writer may have helped the cause.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
So much for MLBTradeRumors "if its whispered, we hear it" after a radio report and 6 pages of comments here.

If the Rays fall out of contention by the deadline, I wonder what James Shields' price tag will be?

* cough * I called it * cough *

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/danny-kn...l-trade-shields

James Shields anyone?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 07:10 PM)
I'd still trade him. I can't see him keeping this act up. Trade him while his value is so high.

i have been wondering about him. do you guys think hes legit and we got a steal and should keep him or that this very well could be a fluke and trade him while his value is high?