7/12 Games

flavum

1 run, 2 hits given up in the first inning.

Loman, for some inexplicable reason, got picked off at 3B....really really bad baserunning. Barons 4-1 after 1. Smokies' starter already pulled.

2nd inning, first ball was crushed but Martinez tracked it down, infield groundout, K. Through 2. 24 pitches.

3rd, flyout, flyout, K

Humber will go 6 innings, 80 pitches, supposedly.

Will start next Tuesday against the Red Sox on the road.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:02 PM)
Think the Sox will agressively push Walker up to W-S soon, or keep him in Kanny all year?

He is 2/3 with a 2B, 3B right now. Batting .284 and a .400 OBP to go along with 39 SB. Only blemish is his K numbers still. 81 Ks which is around 27% K-rate.

If you want to be picky he has little power. I don't see the need to rush him. There's less than 2 months left in the season anyway.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 07:02 PM)
Think the Sox will agressively push Walker up to W-S soon, or keep him in Kanny all year?

He is 2/3 with a 2B, 3B right now. Batting .284 and a .400 OBP to go along with 39 SB. Only blemish is his K numbers still. 81 Ks which is around 27% K-rate.

He's definitely improved over the course of this season. Feeling much better about his chances now. K's are the big concern as you say.

With none of the catchers in W-S being actual prospects, I sure would like to see Kevan Smith moved up before the season is out. At his age he should hit AA next year sometime, even for a catcher.

GF lineup may be mostly filler, but the two middle infielders (Micah Johnson and Justin Jirschele) are making a little noise.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 01:01 AM)
I remember this article like it was yesterday.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/draft2009/i...tory?id=4206996

For once I wish what Keith Law said was true.

(For those without Insider, KLaw had Sox picking Trout in his mock, which was a rarity since he always bashes Sox for taking safe college arms.)

Kind of interesting that on the Angels pick he says "Angels would love to Trout fell to them here".....and then he did.

It's hard to blame the Sox when a ton of other teams passed on Trout too. I mean, it's not like he was taken #2 overall, and the Sox had the #1 pick.