Trade Deadline Top Pitching Targets

shago

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rays would be looking for a combination of high-end young pitchers, a young catcher and a controllable hitter if they discuss trades involving James Shields.

The Padres aren’t shopping Edinson Volquez, but they haven’t made him untouchable.

Teams don’t expect the Marlins will trade Josh Johnson, who’s under contract for 2013.

Brandon McCarthy’s history of shoulder problems diminishes his trade value. “He's not going anywhere," one executive predicted to Stark.

mlbrumors, all pitchers mentioned here

KW only wants a top of the line pitcher, even if its only a rental. He sees no point in getting a marginal pitcher.

I believe he wants Greinke.

Source: Gonzo

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
KW only wants a top of the line pitcher, even if its only a rental. He sees no point in getting a marginal pitcher.

I believe he wants Greinke.

He's facing Philadelphia tomorrow. I would imagine the Sox will have scouts there.

Kenny wants Josh Johnson and he makes so much more sense than Greinke, IMO. A front line pitcher is gonna cost off the current MLB roster. As much as I like him, I'd deal a package around Reed in a second for a difference-maker. Reed is a good fit for MIA right now. Myers can and probably should close this pennant race for the Sox.

Something like:

Reed

Santiago

B prospect

for

Josh Johnson + cash

Edited by bucket-of-suck

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Kenny wants Josh Johnson and he makes so much more sense than Greinke, IMO. A front line pitcher is gonna cost off the current MLB roster. As much as I like him, I'd deal a package around Reed in a second for a difference-maker. Reed is a good fit for MIA right now. Myers can and probably should close this pennant race for the Sox.

Something like:

Reed

Santiago

B prospect

for

Josh Johnson + cash

I could swallow it if it meant we'd win deep in the playoffs.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:17 AM)
Why? The kid is amazingly talented

True, but his overall results don't match his talent. He has his Cy Young year and is unbeatable at Miller Park. But his road results in the NL have been below average, and his other seasons in KC were solid, but not dominant by any means.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:26 AM)
True, but his overall results don't match his talent. He has his Cy Young year and is unbeatable at Miller Park. But his road results in the NL have been below average, and his other seasons in KC were solid, but not dominant by any means.

Im not saying we should think he is the best ever, but it is not hard to understand why organizations want a pitcher like Greinke. Everyone wants to be the organization he is with when he puts it all together again

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:36 AM)
Im not saying we should think he is the best ever, but it is not hard to understand why organizations want a pitcher like Greinke. Everyone wants to be the organization he is with when he puts it all together again

Plus it isn't like we have a pitching coach that seems to be able to get more of pitchers who have issues between the ears.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:36 AM)

With Dempster off the books (most likely) it seems as if KW will go hard after Grienke now. What type of package will it take to get the guy is the question? (Mitchell, Reed, Santiago, Humber or Floyd?) Just throwing names out there. Not sure what Milwaukee would want from our farm. I'm sure Floyd would interest them because they can take his option for next year.

With Dempster off the books (most likely) it seems as if KW will go hard after Grienke now. What type of package will it take to get the guy is the question? (Mitchell, Reed, Santiago, Humber or Floyd?) Just throwing names out there. Not sure what Milwaukee would want from our farm. I'm sure Floyd would interest them because they can take his option for next year.

I'd give them Floyd+Santiago+Mitchell for Grienke+cash or just two of the three if there is no cash involved.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 06:46 AM)

Floyd, Reed and Viciedo...if Dempster is really worth Delgado.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:14 AM)
I'd give them Floyd+Santiago+Mitchell for Grienke+cash or just two of the three if there is no cash involved.

The last reliever in a bullpen and a prospect who strikes out too way too much?

The Milkwaukee GM would laugh after considering it for 2-3 seconds.

If Dempster is worth 5 years of Delgado, no way that gets it done.