Friday the 13th Game Thread: Sox @ Royals!

Brian

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actual Sox baseball in 8.5 hours...bout time.

44-33 the rest of the season, we win. Get after it.

We have many games left with MN and KC. I think the Sox can win even more than 44 games.

No All Star Break hangover!!

I feel like that was a 100% Ozzie managed team thing. Robin has done so well changing the mindset of the players, hopefully this will be the same.

2 of 3 or bust

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 11:00 AM)
Also Dunn is hitting a bomb off of Chen today. Book it.

The most amazing thing about that last five game winning streak is we got NOTHING from Konerko and Dunn. Hopefully the time off does them both good, because we need them if we are going to win this.

If I had to go another day without Sox baseball I might have lost my mind. Let's start this second half off right.

Sox win big. Dunn homers, Q frightens the opposition into submission, Bruce Chen doesn't make it past 5.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
Actual Sox baseball in 8.5 hours...bout time.

44-33 the rest of the season, we win. Get after it.

I think we could win the division at 87-88-89 games. with a good head-to-head record against DET.

No way DET has the same insane second half they had last year.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 10:59 AM)
No All Star Break hangover!!

I feel like that was a 100% Ozzie managed team thing. Robin has done so well changing the mindset of the players, hopefully this will be the same.

2 of 3 or bust

especially considering that peavy if facing hochevar and sale is facing luis mendoza ;) ..... :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)
It's amazing though how much quicker Dunn's bat speed was earlier in the year.

I think that is intentional on his part. He's been quoted saying he felt like he was swinging too hard, getting ahead of pitches. If he's right, the approach should eventually help him, but he has to get the timing down.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 09:16 AM)
Anyone else watch the Humber perfect game replay on Comcast last night? Great programming on a quiet night. It's amazing though how much quicker Dunn's bat speed was earlier in the year.

I think he's gotten back into waiting too long to commit to a pitch. I think the strikeout totals freak him out, no matter what he may say.

Why is Q pitching tonight?

Why don't the Sox just open with Sale, then go with Peavy, Q, Floyd?

This is no time to give KC some momentum in the series opener with me there.

Typical luck. I buy expensive seats and it's our first rainy day pretty much in the last six weeks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)

Typical luck. I buy expensive seats and it's our first rainy day pretty much in the last six weeks.

They are giving Sale a long break to try to keep his arm fresh for the second half.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)

What's wrong with Q pitching. If I recall correctly, he's been pretty good.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
Oh. Not a bad plan.

It also matches him up with Verlander for the start of the Tiger's series on the 20th, giving us our best chance to win that matchup.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kate Upton cleavage shots in the stands behind home plate at opposing ballparks whenever JV pitches in the 2nd half. Bound to happen, and likely to cause removal of fans for indecency, but still, well worth it!

I swear, the more and more I think about it, the more the Royals are becoming the Twins during their not-so-good years of the past decade, as they always seem to have some sort of an edge against us. The only difference is that they're not that good.

Edited by chw42