Friday the 13th Game Thread: Sox @ Royals!

Brian

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe people are writing off Q based off of tonight. It's the definition of a bad luck start, he's made some good pitches. The guy took one out of the dirt and hit it out. They also have an RBI bunt. We have also given them an extra base twice because of our defense. He may not be a 2 ERA pitcher, but there's also no reason to judge him off of tonight.

I really hate that Gordon can't f***ing mentally handle the game of baseball anymore.

Man up. You got moved down because a superior player who is helping the team to a playoff run was acquired. OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING. YOU HAVE TO HIT NINTH!

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 02:02 AM)
I really hate that Gordon can't f***ing mentally handle the game of baseball anymore.

Man up. You got moved down because a superior player who is helping the team to a playoff run was acquired. OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING. YOU HAVE TO HIT NINTH!

His swing is bad again. Seems like he's guiding the bat into the zone instead of letting it fly. He needs a visit from his parents.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)

Here we go AGAIN

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 07:53 PM)
I love when managers leave a starting pitcher in to qualify for a win even though the match-up is terrible for their team.

Amen brother. The age of agents and incentives has had a negative influence on baseball intelligence.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)
Can't believe people are writing off Q based off of tonight. It's the definition of a bad luck start, he's made some good pitches. The guy took one out of the dirt and hit it out. They also have an RBI bunt. We have also given them an extra base twice because of our defense. He may not be a 2 ERA pitcher, but there's also no reason to judge him off of tonight.

I've been writing off New Q for a couple weeks now, including before tonight's start. It's a pretty safe bet he won't repeat his 1st half. He will probably have a second half ERA about double what his 1st half was. If there is anyone calling about him, I'd go ahead and listen pretty intently. His value isn't likely to get much higher from here on out.