Dempster to Rangers

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
Couldn't we have matched this offer? Hope Hempster does bad with the Ringers.

two things could happen

1. he'll get shelled having to pitch in a hitter's league

2. he'll be lights out since the AL hasn't seen him

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)
You are talking about Peavy? Well he knew that he was injured. His intentions were to help the White Sox. Lol. Well he eventually came and is glad that he came.

I think he got his Chicago teams confused when he "refused" the first time.

This was a true Kenny under the radar trade. There was so much talk of him being a Cub. Surprise!

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
If you want to be objective, then let's point out some of their bad moves. Stewart for Colvin looks like a terrible move at this point. Concepcion has been an epically bad signing. They've made some good moves, especially Rizzo for Cashner, but let's not pretend they've been perfect.

Theo & Jed still have a long, long road ahead of them. We'll see how good they truly are by how quickly the Cubs become competitive again.

I said they still have a ways to go. And how is Concepcion an epically bad signing? The kid is 20. Stewart for Colvin looks semi-bad right now. He's been real good at Coors, mediocre everywhere else. He's what 28 or almost? They're not going to miss him in the long-run. At all.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
I said they still have a ways to go. And how is Concepcion an epically bad signing? The kid is 20. Stewart for Colvin looks semi-bad right now. He's been real good at Coors; mediocre everywhere else. He's what 28 or almost? They're not going to miss him in the long-run. At all.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but have you seen Conception's numbers? His WHIP is almost 2 this year and he actually has more BBs than SOs. For a guy with fringy stuff, that's not a good sign.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
The trade keeps getting better

@DKnobler: Rangers announce Ryan Dempster to miss series in Toronto for personal reasons. Roy Oswalt will start Sunday. Leonys Martin called up

The guys on MLB Network said he didn't have his passport, but he's Canadian, I dont get it.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 05:03 PM)
The guys on MLB Network said he didn't have his passport, but he's Canadian, I dont get it.

Dude, I'm Ryan Dempster. Look at my baseball card, look at my ESPN profile. Just let me in the country, I can do a Harry Carry impression, I'm Canadian.

The Braves were the big winners in that fiasco, they got a pitcher that is probably just as good, with a solid 4th OF, while giving up a lesser prospect.

You would think a Canadian wouldnt have the problem of not having a passport

Regardless of his nationality, he needs a passport to travel between countries, and if he hasn't left the US in a very long time, then it's not a stretch to believe that he doesn't have a current passport.