Dempster to Rangers

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 10:11 AM)
Dempster is a terrible pitcher. After the Youk trade I'd be really bummed to see Kenny make a dumbass move like this.

Yeah 33 scoreless innings in a row, and a 1.86 era. He's garbage.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 08:39 AM)

BJax has an even more alarming K rate and plays in a ridiculous hitter's league, whereas Mitchell is doing it in pitcher-friendly B'Ham.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
Yeah 33 scoreless innings in a row, and a 1.86 era

his year, so far, really seems like a fluke

i just envision him having a quick fall back to reality.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)
David Kaplan ‏@thekapman

Baseball sources tell me they expect Ryan Dempster to definitely be moved before his next start + White Sox are not at all in play for him..

They don't have the prospects the Cubs are looking for, besides I'd be really worried acquiring a guy with 33 consecutive scoreless innings that isn't a Cy Young candidate most seasons. He's due to start getting rocked, and moving to the AL he may get rocked harder.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)
David Kaplan ‏@thekapman

Baseball sources tell me they expect Ryan Dempster to definitely be moved before his next start + White Sox are not at all in play for him.

good. he doesnt even want to play for the sox anyways.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 05:28 PM)
And the Detroit Free Press is saying the Tigers are in consideration for him and Scutaro. The latter makes a lot of sense (doesn't he kill the Sox, too?)

I'd read Infante, Polance....Scutaro makes sense as well. He can also play SS, which is actually where Peralta SHOULDN'T be playing, but I don't think Peralta can play 2B so Marco would play 2B.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
I'd read Infante, Polance....Scutaro makes sense as well. He can also play SS, which is actually where Peralta SHOULDN'T be playing, but I don't think Peralta can play 2B so Marco would play 2B.

Lucky for us, Jhonny is there. I have to say though, Cabrera sure looks a lot more solid at 3rd this season than he did a few years ago over there.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
BJax has an even more alarming K rate and plays in a ridiculous hitter's league, whereas Mitchell is doing it in pitcher-friendly B'Ham.

Jackson only have 10 or so more strikeouts than Mitchell. Mitchell's home and away strikeout ratio is almost identical. And you can't ignore past seasons where Mitchell struck out 183 times while Jackson strikes out in the 130 range. Mitchell hasn't hit over .250 in a full season, while Jackson has hit .290 and .270. There is really no debate who is the better contact hitter of the two as of now.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 08:53 PM)
I'm just scared we'd give up to much to get him. If the price is Viciedo I say no way.

Someone will give up a prospect the Sox don't have for Dempster. I think KW brings in a guy like Bartolo Colon. Maybe the third time is a charm.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 03:07 AM)
I think the package to bring Dempster to the Sox is Castro, Jones and a low level prospect...

I wouldn't freak out if that's the package for Dempster.

At least we haven't seen Castro pitch. If they are gonna do that deal, do it before he pitches against Boston if that rumor is true.