Red Sox vs White Sox

Kyyle23

I don't think Septimo sucks. He's just a rookie facing some tough ass lefties. He should remain on the roster.

Jones should have entered the game at least a batter sooner it seems, but to some extent you have to let a guy go out there and pitch. If he fails, he fails.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
Hey I agree we should win every single game. I bet he looks back on it and thinks that same thing. We dont even know if he was available at that moment.

If Matt is down based on some other reason fine. If he warms up later in this game, then its stupid.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
Lol...he needs to be demoted? Overreact much? Also, Robin is the one to blame. Septimo told the world he didn't have it this inning by walking the first two batters. Robin should have listened and taken him out.

I'm not making it off this decision... the guy isn't good. He can't throw strikes and in the bullpen that makes you useless.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 02:44 AM)
I don't think Septimo sucks. He's just a rookie facing some tough ass lefties. He should remain on the roster.

Jones should have entered the game at least a batter sooner it seems, but to some extent you have to let a guy go out there and pitch. If he fails, he fails.

You are the most patient fan I've ever met. I give you a lot of credit for that.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
We've had one major injury to our bullpen and cut our worst reliever. How far has it really gotten?

Jhan Marinez

Brian Omogrosso

Leyson Septimo

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
One thing we can all agree on is that KW needs to act now about the bullpen, as he can't sit around until the deadline and hope the inexperienced bullpen survive during a very tough stretch of games. Especially given the starting pitching injuries, the bullpen is going to be used a lot.

No doubt about it. Our lack of organizational depth has really hurt us this year, especially recently as the pitching staff is as banged up as it has been in a long time. I can't remember the last time we had 2 starters miss as much time as danks and number, plus Floyd, sale and peach have all been skipped over for soreness. Add in that crain has been hurt and we just don't have the arms right now. Frankly pulling Quintana out of nowhere has been an enormous savior, and I guarantee the org didn't expect this from him

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 01:48 AM)
No doubt about. Our lack of organizational depth has really hurt us this year as the pitching staff is as banged up as it has been in a long time. I can't remember the last time we had 2 starters miss as much time as danks and number, plus Floyd, sale and peach have all been skipped over for soreness. Add in that crain has been hurt and we just don't have the arms right now. Frankly pulling Quintana out of nowhere has been an enormous savior, and I guarantee the org didn't expect this from him

I was thinking yesterday about what would have happened if Sale did get sent to the bullpen and that decision wasn't revisited. As you said, the injury situation has really caught up to the staff.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
I'm not making it off this decision... the guy isn't good. He can't throw strikes and in the bullpen that makes you useless.

He's a f***ing rookie. Maybe he's feeling a little pressure pitching in the 8th inning of a tie game at Fenway in the middle of a pennant race. I'm pissed as anyone about the HR, but rookies are going s*** the bed occasionally. He clearly has some nasty stuff when his command is on. If you can't accept the growing pains, I don't know how you ever expect to develop young talent.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:47 PM)
The same people saying that having so many rookie pen arms proves that the farm system doesn't suck are the same clamoring for the veteran in the 8th.

Ain't that the truth.