Red Sox vs White Sox

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
I was thinking yesterday about what would have happened if Sale did get sent to the bullpen and that decision wasn't revisited. As you said, the injury situation has really caught up to the staff.

The sky truly is falling with you whenever the Sox lose. You do know they will not win every game, right?

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 02:54 AM)

The sky truly is falling with you whenever the Sox lose. You do know they will not win every game, right?

I was actually saying how fortunate the Sox are that they did revisit the situation (something that I'm not so sure they would have done in the past). How can you not say that injuries have caught up to the pitching? Poor Axelrod has now pitched in 4 of our last 8 games, and you have a returning from injury Humber and a AA pitcher having to start the next two games. It's definitely survival mode for the pitching right now.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
He's a f***ing rookie. Maybe he's feeling a little pressure pitching in the 8th inning of a tie game at Fenway in the middle of a pennant race. I'm pissed as anyone about the HR, but rookies are going s*** the bed occasionally. He clearly has some nasty stuff when his command is on. If you can't accept the growing pains, I don't know how you ever expect to develop young talent.

Did you not watch his previous outting when he let a guy walk to 2nd and 3rd practically and got him home on a wild pitch.... he is also 27 and we are in a playoff chase so with Septimo no I do not have patience for a guy that can't throw strikes or get lefties out which is his only role on the team.

Free 10 day mlbtv trial, just let everybody know. This one is on robin, even if it bothers me to say, being a big Ventura fan, we need a veteran loogy, someone not named ohman

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)
Our lack of organizational depth has really hurt us this year

How do you follow that, up with this?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)
especially recently as the pitching staff is as banged up as it has been in a long time. I can't remember the last time we had 2 starters miss as much time as danks and number, plus Floyd, sale and peach have all been skipped over for soreness. Add in that crain has been hurt and we just don't have the arms right now. Frankly pulling Quintana out of nowhere has been an enormous savior, and I guarantee the org didn't expect this from him

We're in first place with all those things that you mentioned...we've got a bullpen with 8 rookies and 1 vet, a patchwork starting rotation with 3 of our SP from April currently on the shelf......and we don't have organizational depth?!?!? How many teams could remain in first place given the injuries we've sustained.

You guys kills me after losses.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)

We're in first place with all those things that you mentioned...we've got a bullpen with 8 rookies and 1 vet, a patchwork starting rotation with 3 of our SP from April currently on the shelf......and we don't have organizational depth?!?!? How many teams could remain in first place given the injuries we've sustained.

Quit it with this damn realism in here?

Seriously, I get why some are on edge...2-2 after the break, the o looks like it could slump, the Tigresses are waking up and we see it all fading away...just get in and enjoy it. The Sox will be fine.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 02:57 AM)

He said Quintana has been a savior, as he was someone that probably wasn't even in the top 10 of possible starters for the Sox coming into the year. Knowing his posting style, I think he meant to say it has been impressive with how they have managed to get by so far.

When it boils down to it, the offense is going to have to pick it up and win this team some games (ie: Friday night). If the offense can score more than a run against Aaron Cook, I'm sure we see Thornton in the 8th. I'm interested to see what has to happen for Ventura to shake up the lineup, and I would bet nothing happens until next week.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
On the bright side, Axe pitched his ass off, and we got the first good news about Danks in forever.

Just one game, fellas.

Yup, this one hurts, because we have a questions mark going tomorrow in Humber and an actual question mark pitching on Wednesday.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
On the bright side, Axe pitched his ass off, and we got the first good news about Danks in forever.

Just one game, fellas.

Some positives from this one, for sure.

But damn we need Paulie to get it going.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)

We've squeezed by up til this point. Don't confuse number of rookies on a roster for organizational depth. Do you think the bullpen status quo can hold on to win the division and win series in the playoffs? I don't. You are correct though, I should have clarified and said that the org depth hasnt yet hurt us too much, as we've gotten lucky (IMO) so far and been able to use smoke and mirrors to get by. I'm just not confident with it moving forward

I give it 2 weeks before Detroit has taken over 1st place in this division..

And no, its not cause we lost tonight.. I thought Detroit would win this division pretty much all season.. We have too many rookies who are going to have their pains eventually and cost us. Our SP is pretty shaky, especially since you cant expect Quintana to pitch like this the rest of the year..

Konerko has literally disappeared since the end of May, he has like 9 RBIs the last 2 months.. Beckham is fading away, these are a lot of holes on this team and that lead is down to 2.5 games pending the end of this Tigers game..

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 03:15 AM)
We've squeezed by up til this point. Don't confuse number of rookies on a roster for organizational depth. Do you think the bullpen status quo can hold on to win the division and win series in the playoffs? I don't. You are correct though, I should have clarified and said that the org depth hasnt yet hurt us too much, as we've gotten lucky (IMO) so far and been able to use smoke and mirrors to get by. I'm just not confident with it moving forward

Especially with the Tigers lurking and seemingly willing to unload their farm system (besides Castellanos) to upgrade their team. If you told me the Sox would be up by 2 games after this Sunday, I'd say that sounds great.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:47 PM)
Jhan Marinez

Brian Omogrosso

Leyson Septimo

Marinez replaced Heath who replaced Bruney who replaced Stewart.

Septimo replaced Ohman.

Omogrosso replaced Crainz.

Seems like more change than there has really been an the only guy we're really missing right now is Crain. Ohman and Stewart weren't good.

The problem is that Crain is a critical part of our bullpen. We need him and Thornton for the 8th, which then puts less pressure on Jones.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Did you not watch his previous outting when he let a guy walk to 2nd and 3rd practically and got him home on a wild pitch.... he is also 27 and we are in a playoff chase so with Septimo no I do not have patience for a guy that can't throw strikes or get lefties out which is his only role on the team.

I don't care about him being 27 and I don't care if he's had a couple bad outings. He's a rookie pitching under intense circumstances. Give him more than a handful of outings before you write him off.

Would you prefer Ohman? I'll take my chances on the lefty with the plus fastball. He may not pan out, but now's the time to find out.