Lilibridge to be DFA'd

Al Lopez's Ghost

If we can get him, I'd bring him back and start him every day in the minors. He mighta been humbled by this and change his approach at the plate. He's not a fricking home run hitter even tho he hit some bombs last year.

Keep him in AAA if he's not stealing anybody's important at bats and tell him he has to change his approach at the plate.

If Boston DFA's him that means he's NO GOOD.

Maybe it'll get thru Lilly's head he should be a slap/gap hitter with occasional HR power.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 02:59 PM)
bring him back? he likely will be claimed by another team with a worse record.

Or nobody will, and he'll end up in Pawtucket. He really isn't that good. He had a nice little run last year, but he's a former White Sox, and it's going to stay that way.

QUOTE (Wedge @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
I'd replace Hudson with Lilly. As we saw in the KC extra innings game, Hudson has 0 value to this team. Lilly is at least a solid baserunner.

I agree. And in a pinch he can play just about anywhere. But Hudson is probably the only guy I'd replace.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
I wouldn't bring him back. It was pretty obvious his stay in Boston would be brief. He's out of options, maybe some horrible team will let him play. Maybe Seattle.

For his sake, I bet he'd love to be a Mariner. I'd prefer him over Hudson though. Bring him back, KW!

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
Per MLB trade rumors.

Good trade?

Same thing happened to Brian Anderson. Waived by BOS.

And to think, 6 months ago, he was the most inquired about member of our organization. How times changed so quickly for the Stealth Elf.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)

And to think, 6 months ago, he was the most inquired about member of our organization. How times changed so quickly for the Stealth Elf.

I think part of the issue with Lilli, Escobar, et al, is Ventura's style of managing. He seems to stick with hjis set line up and the subs get little playing time. I am not criticizing here but in the grand scheme of things a fellow like Lilli is a super sub and can play probably 7 posiitons if asked. Hudson can play a couple infield positions. Hudson can't hit but has some speed. Lilli is having a down year with the bat but has speed and is a good fielder.

I like Hudson over Lilli...the people saying that Lilli is a better base runner...did you see Lilli on the base paths this year?

Brent did have a nice run last year, but he's useless. The book is definitely out on him. At least Hudson got a hit in his 3 AB's the other night. Lilli would have gone hitless and swung at 4 balls in the dirt. Hudson is a professional. Not a great professional, but a veteran who we know what we're getting. Lilli is at best what we saw last year, and at worst about as good of a major leaguer as you or I would be. For someone on the bench who is going to start once every 20 games and occasionally be asked to run in late inning situations I choose the veteran hands down.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 10:58 PM)
I like Hudson over Lilli...the people saying that Lilli is a better base runner...did you see Lilli on the base paths this year?

Brent did have a nice run last year, but he's useless. The book is definitely out on him. At least Hudson got a hit in his 3 AB's the other night. Lilli would have gone hitless and swung at 4 balls in the dirt. Hudson is a professional. Not a great professional, but a veteran who we know what we're getting. Lilli is at best what we saw last year, and at worst about as good of a major leaguer as you or I would be. For someone on the bench who is going to start once every 20 games and occasionally be asked to run in late inning situations I choose the veteran hands down.

Not a bad post.

I think Hudson's a better option than Lilly. Wasn't his lousy baserunning against KC the other night just a fluke? Didn't he get a late jump and take a really wide turn for some reason?

Lilly simply cannot hit. He has no clue at the plate.

I'm all for signing him and having him play in the minors the rest of the season and maybe just maybe he'll learn how to hit.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 05:49 PM)
Yeah, I would absolutely dump Hudson and take Lillibridge back. Hell, I'd sent Eduardo back to AAA and get The Bridge back.

How awesome of a trade is that if we get Lilli back? Zach Stewart for Kevin Youkilis + $5.5M. LOL WHAT?

someone said he has no options for minor league but if he clears he can't the sox stilloffer him to a minor league contract in the same year he was dfaed?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)

Link? Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Probably not being fair to him, but when I think of Lillibridge and baserunning, I remember him getting clowned- pie in the face style- late in a few games after he was put into the game specifically to prevent something like that from happening. One of them (in 2011) ended up being one of the more demoralizing extra-inning losses I've seen.

I suppose I should also acknowledge the Ruthian (or at least Shelton-esque) power numbers he put up if I'm going to pick and choose like that...