Lilibridge to be DFA'd

Al Lopez's Ghost

I'm shocked at the people that would prefer Lillibridge over Hudson. Whaaaaaat?

Hudson's a veteran who was once a very good 2nd baseman. Lilli never, and will never, amount to anything.

I'd rather have Hudson's veteran experience over Lillibridge's underwhelmingness, anyway.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 12:27 AM)
Can we dump Konerko for him?

Pauly has been worthless since the end of May.. WORTHLESS.

s*** happens. He's in a horrible slump.

Somebody said it before, but please bring back Lilly just so we can see a sequel to that kid who was crying when Sox dealt him.

I really dont care about Lilli to be honest with you. last year was a pretty extreme outlier if you look at his career in a white sox uniform. He plays pretty good defense, but the guy is a .200 hitter that strikes out a lot.

Personally I dont really want Lilli or Hudson

Lillibridge will find a job somewhere.

A utility guy who can play both infield and outfield is valuable because he potentially frees up a roster spot for a team.

That may be his greatest asset... Providing roster flexibility.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 06:41 AM)
I thought it was 10 years in order to qualify for pension?

I checked with my accountant who said I had to be 62 minimum, if I can afford to retire that is :lolhitting

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
I thought it was 10 years in order to qualify for pension?

Ten years = fully vested. Player and his children and grandchildren should be set for life. Four years to qualify, I believe.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 08:51 AM)
unless you are Lenny Dykstra

Too funny!

Luckily for LD, I heard his kid is a pretty good ballplayer?

As for Hudson, I am pleasantly surprised with how he has handled his benching...not that he could argue, but he doesn't seem to be pouting. Probably happy just to have a spot on the roster of a winning team.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:02 AM)
As for Hudson, I am pleasantly surprised with how he has handled his benching...not that he could argue, but he doesn't seem to be pouting. Probably happy just to have a spot on the roster of a winning team.

He's very professional about his change in roles, but hopefully he won't be on the team much longer. We really need a right-handed bat off the bench, preferably one that can play some CF. Reed Johnson would be the perfect acquisition for the role. He'd basically be in the lineup anytime De Aza or Dunn needed a rest, with Viciedo moving to the DH spot on Dunn's off-days.

That would leave Danks as the primary backup for Rios & Viciedo and Escobar for 3B, SS, and 2B. There wouldn't be a reason to keep Hudson around at that point.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
Lillibridge will find a job somewhere.

A utility guy who can play both infield and outfield is valuable because he potentially frees up a roster spot for a team.

That may be his greatest asset... Providing roster flexibility.

Lillibridge probably ends up in Seattle right? He would get playing time, is from there, and I thought Jack Z always liked Lilli. Probably best vase scenario for him.

He's very professional about his change in roles, but hopefully he won't be on the team much longer. We really need a right-handed bat off the bench, preferably one that can play some CF. Reed Johnson would be the perfect acquisition for the role. He'd basically be in the lineup anytime De Aza or Dunn needed a rest, with Viciedo moving to the DH spot on Dunn's off-days.

That would leave Danks as the primary backup for Rios & Viciedo and Escobar for 3B, SS, and 2B. There wouldn't be a reason to keep Hudson around at that point.

The outfielders don't miss enough games to justify using up two bench spots on just outfielders. I'd rather have Lillibridge, who can play 7 positions and is a faster runner than Johnson. If you can get Johnson cheaply and want to have him take Danks' spot, I could be on board with that, but I don't like having only one option to cover all the infield positions.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
Lillibridge probably ends up in Seattle right? He would get playing time, is from there, and I thought Jack Z always liked Lilli. Probably best vase scenario for him.

He gets a vase too? Yeah he should definitely go there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
What's the update on Lilly? Did he get DFA'd? I'd think we'd pick him up. He's not a bad bench guy in a White Sox uniform. Long swing, though. Must revamp his offensive game again.

God is still deciding where he'll play next.