Sox sign Luis Castillo out of DR for $450k

danman31

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 05:41 PM)
I see your point, but it seems to me like there is not a natural movement up the ladder from DSL to Bristol, Kanny, etc, almost as if it's a recreational league. There are a couple of exceptions, I'm sure. I know the Rockies promoted a young pitcher from DSL who was lights out, but he has not appeared yet on the roster of their Rookie League team. Might be Visa problems, language, whatever. Or it might be that I am impatient, but if we have some kid who is really raking, I would like to see him promoted to a higher level.

Generally the DSL players don't get promoted in the middle of a season. It typically happens in the offseason.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 07:57 AM)
How many years of scouting 16 year old have you put in?

Enough to say that he looked awkward/a bit uncoordinated on the defensive part of the video and enough to see that he wasn't squaring up the pitches on the offensive part of the video. His bat speed is not Viciedoesque. I just saw the video. Of course, $450,000 doesn't get you what it used to.