GT 7/17: Sox @ Sawx, 6:10pm

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 02:24 AM)
I mean a guy like crain in addition to crain

Yep, might be just as important to get a dependable righty as it is getting another starting pitcher. Helps to shorten the games and save some innings from our starters workload.

I dont hate jones - he just is what he is - erratic. He's had a 6.10 ERA in June and has a 9.0 ERA in July. guy has talent, and is the best non-reed/thornton pen arm we have right now, but im not completely ready to consistently trust him in close games late

More so than anything, I think we need another dependable arm down there just so that robin doesnt continue to wear the starters down

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 01:32 AM)
I dont hate jones - he just is what he is - erratic. He's had a 6.10 ERA in June and has a 9.0 ERA in July. guy has talent, and is the best non-reed/thornton pen arm we have right now, but im not completely ready to consistently trust him in close games late

More so than anything, I think we need another dependable arm down there just so that robin doesnt continue to wear the starters down

You also need to be cautious about Crain staying healthy the rest of the year. You want to be proactive and avoid having to make a waiver deal.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
With a five run lead if we can let the PenPals (credit: Rowand44) handle this one, I'm not against it.

They just need to throw strikes. They all have good stuff.

Omogrosso's looking more and more comfortable these days.

Of course, it's a bit different pitching with a 5 run lead, compared to a tied or 1 run game, like Septimo came into last night.

Will be an interesting decision who they send down when Crain comes back. Probably Marinez.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
PenPals is not exactly scary or fiercesome.

Something a little more forbidding would be helpful. You don't want anyone throwing 95-100 MPH to be your friend.

Unless its Chris Sale.