Hernandez gets the call Wednesday in Boston

Tdog32

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
Well, let's see here...

Jones, Santiago, Omogrosso, Septimo, Thornton, Reed

I would assume Hernandez will be sent right back after the game tomorrow night, and they'll make a different move...don't know if Bruney is ready, or if they'll just hold off until Crain can come off the DL.

Bruney's still having problems with his hip, no word on when he'll be back, looks like at least another 7-10 days.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)
So, I'm getting lost here. Doesn't that leave us down a guy? Maybe Putz is coming?

We are down a guy in the bullpen with Hernandez and Axelrod technically starters. Hopefully Bruney is ready, if not it may be Heath again.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 11:20 PM)
We are down a guy in the bullpen with Hernandez and Axelrod technically starters. Hopefully Bruney is ready, if not it may be Heath again.

Hernandez is only expected to get 1 start, if all goes well with Gavin's session Friday.

I'm pretty sure at the end of the night WED another reliever will take his place through Sunday in DET at least (4 games).

If Hernandez gets knocked out early, there's always the possibility they stick Pedro in the pen for those games, but unlikely.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 07:53 AM)
You called that one totally, unfortunately you were right. Does Hernandez get sent down and other pitcher called up for the weekend until Floyd comes back?

Yup. Donnie Veal has already been called up

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 07:45 AM)
Have same feeling the day before Arnie Munoz pitched against the Expos, lol.

Nice recall! I actually felt sorry for Munoz that day. What year was that? Ozzie would not take him out, then we scored a bunch of runs later, not enough to win obviously. Not one of Ozzie's better games, either. Munoz actually made it back to the Show, pitched a game or two with Mets, I believe.

What is this now, Rookie #13 or 14 this year?

You knew the KW Genius Again label would only go so far. Oh, well, we learned something valuable and we'll inevitably get to see Castro or Leesman if Floyd's unable to go next week.

Understand why they didn't want to push Castro having just come off the DL and started on Sat. He'll get his opportunity at some point soon.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 08:03 AM)
Nice recall! I actually felt sorry for Munoz that day. What year was that? Ozzie would not take him out, then we scored a bunch of runs later, not enough to win obviously. Not one of Ozzie's better games, either. Munoz actually made it back to the Show, pitched a game or two with Mets, I believe.

AKA the greatest game in young Juan Uribe's career (before his 2 World Series appearances).

He was hitting .400 around that time in 2004.

I also remember it because we had a great chance to win at the end and Willie Harris horribly botched a bunt attempt.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 08:03 AM)

June 19, 2004

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 07:21 AM)
Hawk was pissed that game Arnie Munoz pitched, he was going on and on how we hear about how good these kids are and none of them are as advertised.

Yes. Munoz was listed as a very high prospect. Made me doubt our own player evaluators back then, whoever they were.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 07:53 AM)
You called that one totally, unfortunately you were right. Does Hernandez get sent down and other pitcher called up for the weekend until Floyd comes back?

Ed Farmer flat out said the kid wasn't ready to pitch in the big leagues right now. I sure couldn't find a reason to argue with him.