AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

soxfan49

QUOTE (Andrew @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
Home plate ump should be shot....

Yeah, by the Boston fans. He gave the Sox a few calls, especially to Mike Aviles.

50 wins down, hopefully 45 more to go.

Edited by chw42

A healthy Humber will do wonders for this team down the stretch. If somehow Danks can come back throwing strikes and his velocity up for August/September it would be a hell of a thing.

Youk just doing his thing against his former team. And being clutch as hell.

Yeah, by the Boston fans. He gave the Sox a few calls, especially to Mike Aviles.

50 wins down, hopefully 45 more to go.

And in the 9th frame - the EXACT same pitch he rung up Aviles on, he called Ball on Ellsbury...

Whatever - he sucked on both sides and was horribly inconsistent.

So over the past two days that is 12.2 IP by the starters, and 3ER. We shall not talk about the lefties out of the pen, though Thornton had only one ball hit hard against him.

:lolhitting

Yeah, he did...

I didn't get to see much of the game, but I did see Youk's homer. A thing of beauty.

Nice win, White Sox.

I wonder if we'd have won that game w/out Youk. He's great to have on this team. Adds an element of class and legitimacy.

With Detroit having their hands full with the Angels, and the White Sox on the road with the bottom of the rotation going vs. a respectable, and finally healthy team in Boston (until Ortiz went down), big performances by Axelrod and Humber in providing quality starts and not putting the bullpen through long innings, especially with the rookie going on Wednesday, no off days until Monday. Very impressive work - I'll take a split in Boston and hopefully the Angels can do the same in Detroit.

Youkilis came straight from heaven for this team. I'm almost worried that he'll feel vindicated if he keeps doing what he's doing and eases off the pedal after this series. Hopefully Valentine kindly continues to supply material. Maybe call up a gas can loogy from the lowest level of their farm system to be an inning eater when they're getting blown out and have him wear #20.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 11:09 PM)
Youkilis came straight from heaven for this team. I'm almost worried that he'll feel vindicated if he keeps doing what he's doing and eases off the pedal after this series. Hopefully Valentine kindly continues to supply material. Maybe call up a gas can loogy from the lowest level of their farm system to be an inning eater when they're getting blown out and have him wear #20.

I don't think you will have to worry about that...Youk is a pro and a grinder. He doesn't believe in easing off the gas.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 05:09 AM)

He sure did seem to come from heaven. I love grinders. He seems like he wants it so bad.

I loved that game where he kind of got mad, but not really at Lexi, for hogging those pop ups by third base. I think he's one of those players who leads by example. He obviously wants to win. Boston has to be sick about giving him away for those 2 stiffs.

Kevin Youkilis is happy...he has a team who believes in and backs him and isn't looking to replace him. Youk did a hell of a lot for Boston and to their credit the BoSox fans were really classy and awesome the way the have treated Youk...makes me appreciate those fans a lot more.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 07:23 AM)
If I'm not mistaken, nobody has mentioned that Cleveland and Detroit both lost. So it was a damn good night.

Only on the computer in work now to get last night's results.

Feckin' fantastic!!! :headbang :headbang :gosox1:

Delighted to hear Humber delivered the goods and, of course, Youk! :notworthy

Early mornings are so much easier after a Sox win. I was very concerned after the first inning. I thought it was going to be another bad Humber outing, but he really settled down. Omogrosso looked good (by the way, did you notice his dramatic leg kick?). Thornton, the only bullpen veteran, almost blew the game. Reed looked solid. And how about that offense? Alexei, De Aza, Konerko, and Youk!

I think every time Youk was on camera he was smiling. He seems to have fit right in with this team, and his contributions have been more than I imagined. It's nice to see him stick it to the team that turned their back on him. I liked how the camera went right to Valentine when Youk hit that homer.

The camera goes to Valentine every time something happens with Youk, fielding or hitting. I love it that Youk is shoving it where the sun dont shine. Mostly because Youk has taken the high road and Valentine just keeps talknig