Next Home Game

SouthSidePride05

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 08:16 AM)
Really makes you think about Fenway or Citizen's Bank Park and how ill their respective consecutive sellout streaks are.

Red Sox: roughly 750 games

White Sox: roughly 750 minutes

May 15th, 2003

I'm sure Cleveland Indians fans feel even more upset....after their long attendance streak at Jacobs, now they're still fighting for the worst in baseball.

That's what happens when you do two total rebuilds in one decade. Same thing happened in Miami.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:12 AM)
Yeah, it was 38,676. For some reason, I thought a few people said it hadn't sold out.

Must have been confusing it with all the Cubs' games. I know none of those came close.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had more Tigers' fans for our last home match-up than we had Cubs' fans this year. They've been travelling very well all across the country this year.

remember, comps dont count toward attendance.

the sox sold standing room on opening day.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:16 AM)
Really makes you think about Fenway or Citizen's Bank Park and how ill their respective consecutive sellout streaks are.

Red Sox: roughly 750 games

White Sox: roughly 750 minutes

the red sox are "cheating" on that sellout streak....

Why has attendance suddenly spiked the past two games? They have gone from low 20's to suddenly the mid 30's. Have fans finally decided that the team is worth seeing? What changed? Promotions on Monday/Tuesday?

Team still in first in July + promotions + only homestand in the middle of a lot of road games.

Anybody wanting to see the Sox at home between July 9 and August 2 had only this series to attend.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 06:09 AM)
Why has attendance suddenly spiked the past two games? They have gone from low 20's to suddenly the mid 30's. Have fans finally decided that the team is worth seeing? What changed? Promotions on Monday/Tuesday?

I really think it's the lack of home games this month. Anyone who wanted to go to a game in the last 2 or 3 weeks had to buy a ticket for one of these last 2. (assuming they're normal people and have to work today for the day game ;))

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 10:31 PM)
Average up to 23,640 and climbing.

Any guesses for tmrw? 23-27,000? It's going to be incredibly hot. They're predicting 104 degrees and an all-time high here in the Quad Cities.

The upper deck looks full for today's game. In the lower bowl, there's still quite a few seats remaining in the corner sections by the foul poles and in the outfield seats. If there's a considerable walk-up, we could see another big crowd, I'm guessing between 32-35K.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 07:44 AM)
I really think it's the lack of home games this month. Anyone who wanted to go to a game in the last 2 or 3 weeks had to buy a ticket for one of these last 2. (assuming they're normal people and have to work today for the day game ;))

:bringit