Chick-Fil-A and Homosexuality

CanOfCorn

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 08:27 AM)
Remember when some dumb woman carved a "B" on her face and claimed she was assaulted by pro-Obama blacks (probably New Black Panthers!)? Both sides!

Do you always have to point out that there are dumb asses on the other side, too, as if everyone didn't already know that? Does this somehow justify the existence of them on the side you like or something? I don't understand this mentality.

I was reading in our local magazine that gays and lesbians make up 1 to 2 percent of the population. That is not a high percentage.

This is not a flame ... but where do gays and lesbians find dates/partners?? There ain't many out there. Serious question, not trying to be an ass.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)
I was reading in our local magazine that gays and lesbians make up 1 to 2 percent of the population. That is not a high percentage.

This is not a flame ... but where do gays and lesbians find dates/partners?? There ain't many out there. Serious question, not trying to be an ass.

Bars, work, online, library, women's bookstores, women's spoken word meetings, book clubs, cat stores.

Some of those are jokes but they meet people like anyone else. One of my good friends is a lesbian, she goes through more girls than any guy I know.

It's not a high percentage, but in a nation of 300M, that's 3 million people.

also it's actually closer to 10%

huh. interesting. all sorts of new articles saying 1-2%, i'd always heard 10. RESEARCH TIME!

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 11:20 PM)
also it's actually closer to 10%

huh. interesting. all sorts of new articles saying 1-2%, i'd always heard 10. RESEARCH TIME!

The best (IMO, in terms of methods) research says about 5%. It is a very hard thing to pin down since not every gay person has yet fully identified, others are afraid to acknowledge for fear of things like loss of job, and a variety of other factors. I think some people would have you believe that if we started "accepting" gay-ness, people would be converting all over the place like some kind of epidemic. I think the amount of outwardly gay people may be suppressed by our culture, but this "threat" is overstated.

Of course if everyone was gay, I still don't see a huge issue. It's not hard to create children in today's world. Fixes our population issue ;) Mostly kidding

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 12:23 AM)
The best (IMO, in terms of methods) research says about 5%. It is a very hard thing to pin down since not every gay person has yet fully identified, others are afraid to acknowledge for fear of things like loss of job, and a variety of other factors. I think some people would have you believe that if we started "accepting" gay-ness, people would be converting all over the place like some kind of epidemic. I think the amount of outwardly gay people may be suppressed by our culture, but this "threat" is overstated.

Of course if everyone was gay, I still don't see a huge issue. It's not hard to create children in today's world. Fixes our population issue ;) Mostly kidding

That would be 15 million. Which is still a lot. They can find people.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 11:22 PM)

Gay bars

Gay Coffee Houses

Gay Community Centers

Coming Out Support Groups

Any one of the dozens of gay online personal ads...

Then there's the phone based ones too.

There are lots of ways to meet people.

• 3 weeks later...

Chick Fil-A seemingly has declared that they will end their contributions to anti-gay political groups. They have also affirmed their commitment to treating people equally regardless of sexual orientation, however they will not go so far as to declare an official company policy against discrimination (Which is only necessary, again, since discrimination against gays is legal in a large section of the country).

This is being judged as CFA backing down significantly.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 11:46 AM)
I don't understand why chickfila is possilbe. I think wendy's chicken things kick it's ass in every way possible.

But I don't eat fast food much anymore beside chipotle, God's gift to man.

The day after Chipotle is not pleasant for me. And it's crazy over-priced. Give me a burrito from a cheap, dirty mexican place anytime of the week.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
The day after Chipotle is not pleasant for me. And it's crazy over-priced. Give me a burrito from a cheap, dirty mexican place anytime of the week.

I prefer enchiladas from mexican places, the quality of meat at chipotle is typically better. But in the loop, more likely to see a chipotle than a la pasadita.