Chick-Fil-A and Homosexuality

CanOfCorn

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
Haha, something went horribly wrong when I was trying to preview a post. :lolhitting

I was gonna tell Balta that he's an awful person for spoiling the Gene Wilder meme fun with his facts and figures.

They take their memes seriously around here! Because you know how memes are always full of facts and figures.

Oh, and it wasn't my meme...I didn't create it.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 09:58 AM)
They take their memes seriously around here! Because you know how memes are always full of facts and figures.

Oh, and it wasn't my meme...I didn't create it.

Another meme for you meme haters. :P

24704542.jpg

If I am piecing the stories together correctly, apparently at a meeting of the CBC about 6 months ago, Allen West brought in Chik-Fil-A for everyone. Then shortly after this all started, the CBC sent him a letter saying how they were all 'offended' that he would bring in that 'horrible food'. Allen West responded that if it was so horrible, why was there nothing left? (manufactured) OUTRAGE!!!!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 01:16 PM)
Outrage that nobody cared or heard about or maybe even expressed as actual "outrage" until six months later?

Yes, that was my point. 6 months later, they expressed outrage.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
Has any active athlete come out as being gay? Has anybody on this site come out as gay? Is it improper of me to ask? Society is still backward on this issue.

I don't know any active athlete in MLB, NFL, NBA, or NHL who has come out. A former basketball player for the Jazz did. With the several thousand people in those leagues, numbers say that several dozen players across the leagues should be homosexual, on average. Yes, we have people on this site who are openly gay, and I will choose not to speak for them now since it really shouldn't be a big deal either way.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 01:06 PM)
Has any active athlete come out as being gay? Has anybody on this site come out as gay? Is it improper of me to ask? Society is still backward on this issue.

lol why does it matter? and yes to both questions.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
I don't know any active athlete in MLB, NFL, NBA, or NHL who has come out. A former basketball player for the Jazz did. With the several thousand people in those leagues, numbers say that several dozen players across the leagues should be homosexual, on average. Yes, we have people on this site who are openly gay, and I will choose not to speak for them now since it really shouldn't be a big deal either way.

That to me is amazing no active athletes have come out as being gay. I wonder if their teammates know. If America was as advanced as we think ... all this outrage over CFA, you'd think ballplayers would casually admit to being gay. Why not?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)
lol why does it matter? and yes to both questions.

None of my friends, co-workers have ever come out, so I was wondering if I "knew" anybody on here who was gay, that's all. I am for gay marriage but I still don't think it makes me a bad person saying I prefer the man/woman traditional model because without it we'd have no future society. The deaths would far outnumber the births if we only had same-sex activities going on.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 03:07 AM)
I am for gay marriage but I still don't think it makes me a bad person saying I prefer the man/woman traditional model because without it we'd have no future society. The deaths would far outnumber the births if we only had same-sex activities going on.

With the global population at 7 billion, I'd prefer it if more people engaged in same-sex activities.

Didn't ss2k5 say that he prefers the man meat? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but it seems accurate.

Obviously, people totally overreacted to this and they look like idiots for doing so. Some old man that started a chicken sandwich company says he is against gay marriage and people go bat s*** crazy.

Some people can't deal with anything outside their own world view. They can't even tolerate hearing about a different view. They just go berserk and start 'banning' stuff.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
That to me is amazing no active athletes have come out as being gay. I wonder if their teammates know. If America was as advanced as we think ... all this outrage over CFA, you'd think ballplayers would casually admit to being gay. Why not?

Because "Guys hanging out in a locker room" is one of those places where old-fashioned hate can still get tossed around casually. Just think of the examples the Sox have had aired. The blow up doll incident, the "Getz is Gay" incident, and that's just one team.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
Obviously, people totally overreacted to this and they look like idiots for doing so. Some old man that started a chicken sandwich company says he is against gay marriage and people go bat s*** crazy.

Some people can't deal with anything outside their own world view. They can't even tolerate hearing about a different view. They just go berserk and start 'banning' stuff.

You obviously don't understand the entire issue.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 11:07 AM)

That is a really ironic statement.

Not buying chicken equal ban.

Disallowing same sex marriage not equal to ban?

Perhaps people should look in the mirror, because even though I am against CFA I believe that they have every right to have a business, make money and have their ideals. Even though I disagree with them, I believe they deserve the same treatment as all other corporations. I do not believe that other companies should get tax breaks because they are for SSM, I dont believe there should be any advantage granted.

Now compare that to the people who are against SSM.

Do you think that they would sit down and agree with me that everyone should get treated equal, regardless of whether we disagree with them? That everyone in the US deserves equal treatment, regardless of whether they like girls or guys?

Otherwise your statement is a joke, and we both know it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
That is a really ironic statement.

Not buying chicken equal ban.

mayors of major cities banning a company is a ban. there is no way around it. boycott = fine. ban = illegal.

Disallowing same sex marriage not equal to ban?

what's that have to do with banning a business because an employee expressed a religious/political opinion?

its not even relevant.

Perhaps people should look in the mirror, because even though I am against CFA I believe that they have every right to have a business, make money and have their ideals. Even though I disagree with them, I believe they deserve the same treatment as all other corporations. I do not believe that other companies should get tax breaks because they are for SSM, I dont believe there should be any advantage granted.

Now compare that to the people who are against SSM.

Do you think that they would sit down and agree with me that everyone should get treated equal, regardless of whether we disagree with them? That everyone in the US deserves equal treatment, regardless of whether they like girls or guys?

see we agree. i don't know about the result of your little talk with anti-SSM groups, you'll have to have one and tell me how it goes. the SSM marriage issue doesn't matter to me either way.

Otherwise your statement is a joke, and we both know it.

and without a good argument you resort to insults.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
mayors of major cities banning a company is a ban. there is no way around it. boycott = fine. ban = illegal.

I don't think anyone here has supported the Boston/Chicago Mayors in their statements, if I'm wrong please tell me...and I'll note that the poster was wrong.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)

see we agree. i don't know about the result of your little talk with anti-SSM groups, you'll have to have one and tell me how it goes. the SSM marriage issue doesn't matter to me either way.

and without a good argument you resort to insults.

1) Where has CFA been banned. Find 1 banning. CFA exists in Chicago, so dont say Chicago as there are ones here.

2) I have talked with SSM groups about it, and not one has ever said that CFA doesnt have the right to their opinion.

3) Not really, first I beat your argument soundly, then I concluded. I never insulted you, I said your statement was a joke, which it was. Nice try though with the woe is me routine.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
1) Where has CFA been banned. Find 1 banning. CFA exists in Chicago, so dont say Chicago as there are ones here.

2) I have talked with SSM groups about it, and not one has ever said that CFA doesnt have the right to their opinion.

3) Not really, first I beat your argument soundly, then I concluded. I never insulted you, I said your statement was a joke, which it was. Nice try though with the woe is me routine.

:notworthy

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 12, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)

don't bs here. The mayor Chicago, Boston, SF, ect said they would ban CFA. so these idiots did indeed attempt to ban CFA, then their lawyers likely told them they would get pwned in court. people in power were trying to ban them. fact.

i'm sure most SSM supporters believe in free speech and are reasonable people. my original post was not directed at them, but at these clown mayors and the like that pushed this whole thing into a new realm of stupidity.

no you did not good sir. your argument was deeply flawed and you likely knew this and ended with an insult. you actually remind me a little bit of Michele Bachmann. ;)

Edited by mr_genius