20/7 (or 7/20): White Sox @ Detroit... IT'S ON!!!!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
Is the Choker going to start at third again? Robin has to sit him. Escobar still listed as the #3 Prospect on Whites Sox web site. What a joke.

Overreact much? A rookie makes a mistake and he's now a Choker who should never play again? Come on.

And yes, Youk has said he'd be back.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 11:46 AM)
Overreact much? A rookie makes a mistake and he's now a Choker who should never play again? Come on.

And yes, Youk has said he'd be back.

Especially when you look at the number of mistakes and missed opportunities in that game.

This is the season as far as I'm concerned. Gotta win 2 of 3.

These are the types of games under Ozzie they lost the last few seasons. This needs to be different. Especially after last night, Robin or team leaders need to make a speech pre-game.

If this team can't get it up for this series they do not deserve to be in the playoffs. That's it.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)

These are the types of games under Ozzie they lost the last few seasons. This needs to be different. Especially after last night, Robin or team leaders need to make a speech pre-game.

If this team can't get it up for this series they do not deserve to be in the playoffs. That's it.

This is the season? It is an important series, but come on, man. Come back to earth.

Stop! I seen the same collapse under Manuel as well. This has been going on since the start of the century. This scenario is much different since they have so many rookies. No need for Robin to do anything except keep Thornton out of the 9th.

No, 3 games isn't the season. Important series sure. Get swept and you're 1.5 out in July.

Even if we sweep it. Up 4.5, that means you think the division is clinched. In July.

And if it's 2-1, 1-2...?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
Little off topic, but does anyone know which White Sox player is a Verlander killer?

Nobody

AJP: 19/68, 3 HR, .760 OPS

Konerko: 8/49, 2 HR, .581 OPS

Alexei: 10/44, 1 HR, .579 OPS

Rios: 7/28, .644 OPS

Beckham: 5/25, 1 HR, .512 OPS

Youk: 7/26, 2 HR, .769 OPS

Dunn: 3/17, 2 HR, .706 OPS

De Aza: 0/6

Viciedo: 0/6

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_...ustin-verlander

Interestingly, Flowers is 2/6 against him with a homer, and Hudson and Morel are the only others with over a .300 average.

Dunn 3/17 with 2 homers, Paulie 8 for 49 with 2 homers.

AJ (3 hr/12 rbi), Youkilis (2 hrs) and Rios (2 hrs) have probably done the best, in that order.

Beckham (5/25) and DeAza/Viciedo 0 for 6.

Escobar 1 for 1, haha.

Edited by caulfield12

I sort of don't want to watch after last night.

Yeah, i feel ya. That was absolutely horrid. Definitely one of the top 3 losses of the season so far.

Peavy is pitching tonight which means we're getting as much run support as we got last night :/

Interesting, no laptop but managed to get online using my wife's android phone. I presume it will be sufficient for following mlb gameday tonight. Sure, failing that, at least I'll be able to keep up to speed with the commentary on here.

:gosox1:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
Nobody

AJP: 19/68, 3 HR, .760 OPS

Konerko: 8/49, 2 HR, .581 OPS

Alexei: 10/44, 1 HR, .579 OPS

Rios: 7/28, .644 OPS

Beckham: 5/25, 1 HR, .512 OPS

Youk: 7/26, 2 HR, .769 OPS

Dunn: 3/17, 2 HR, .706 OPS

De Aza: 0/6

Viciedo: 0/6

I thought Konerko's numbers used to be good. 3-4 years ago we used to whoop on him. Not the last couple. Let's go back in time!