20/7 (or 7/20): White Sox @ Detroit... IT'S ON!!!!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:28 AM)
Anyone else get the feeling we're watching the end of our season? I hope not, but it could've started with Cody Ross' bat flip last night

Disagree, losing to Verlander is no big shame. All it takes is one win Saturday or Sunday to go back to the Cell in first place.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:30 AM)
Beckham is back to being bad at the plate. Looks completely lost.

At least he swung hard and pulled a ball today. He's looked terrible since the game he got put in the 9th spot in the lineup. He's absolutely a candidate for a change of scenery trade this offseason.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:30 AM)
Not a chance. The tigers aren't that great.

They're pretty damn good right now. A very confident team that sounds like they're going to add a starting pitcher by the deadline.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 08:28 PM)
Anyone else get the feeling we're watching the end of our season? I hope not, but it could've started with Cody Ross' bat flip last night

I'm starting to feelbthat way. If we don't get a reliable offense back, we're done.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:32 AM)
I'm starting to feelbthat way. If we don't get a reliable offense back, we're done.

You mean like what happens after the ASB seemingly every year with the Sox? I'd love to see a stat comparing OPS before and after the ASB for the Sox since 2003.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 01:35 AM)
Well it looks like its academic, since we brought in a scrub to face Cabrera and Fielder. Valverde sucks in my opinion and is very hittable but it won't matter now that we're going to be down a big number it appears

Omogrosso's actually been our best reliever since the ASB. Unfortunately, Ventura has really no reliable options out there right now. You get the feeling KW's going to have to overpay for a veteran reliever.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
Omogrosso's actually been our best reliever since the ASB. Unfortunately, Ventura has really no reliable options out there right now. You get the feeling KW's going to have to overpay for a veteran reliever.

With the highway robbery HOU pulled on the Jays today, id say so...

Edited by northside sawx

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)

Wow. Our pen is a LOT worse than I thought.

Bill Melton is right.

The White Sox just don't any relievers who can consistently throw offspeed pitches. Doesn't matter how hard you throw, you will get torched in the big leagues, especially when you get behind in the count.

That and the fact that Konerko's hitting about .230 with no power for the last 40-45 games and Adam Dunn is quickly closing in on .200.

It would be a mistake to make any big trades to try to save this season IMO.