Vick carted off field

danman31

Vick Breaks Leg

Doesn't sound "OK" to me. :rolleyes:

Well relatively speaking 6-8 weeks is a lot better than I was expecting. Besides how was I supposed to know before they knew anything? Also, this is coming from a Falcons fan that has seen Jamal Anderson have 2 torn ACLs and miss the rest of the reason. So as long as he can play most of this season, it's not that bad.

Vick Injures Ankle

As a Falcons fan this scares the s*** out of me, but it sounds like he is ok. I'm hoping he's ok because he means to much to this team.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I TOTALLY ENJOYED GOING TO WORK TODAY AND TELLING ALL THOSE FALCON FANS AROUND HERE THAT THEIR SEASON WAS TOAST BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED. WHAT WAS EVEN BETTER WAS SEEING THEM STAND THERE WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAY IN RESPONSE. WHAT A FINE MORNING THIS WAS!

Vick Injures Ankle

As a Falcons fan this scares the s*** out of me, but it sounds like he is ok. I'm hoping he's ok because he means to much to this team.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I TOTALLY ENJOYED GOING TO WORK TODAY AND TELLING ALL THOSE FALCON FANS AROUND HERE THAT THEIR SEASON WAS TOAST BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED. WHAT WAS EVEN BETTER WAS SEEING THEM STAND THERE WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAY IN RESPONSE. WHAT A FINE MORNING THIS WAS!

I dont think that their season is over, they have a nice back up in Doug Johnson, it´s not Vick, but he can hold the team for .500 unitil Vick comes back. If Vick is out for the first 4 games, the Falcons can go 2-2, maybe 3-1. Look at the sked: at Dallas (W), Washington (L or W), Tampa Bay (L) and at Carolina (W).

The Falcons´ season is not over.

I don't know who said it, but what they said was pretty much true, in saying that Vick will most likely not be 100% at any time this year. His leg will be fine, but he will not be ready for play. The missed practice and no game speed games will hurt him in the end.

Then again, look at what Steve McNair did last year. He probably practiced like 5 times after week 5 or so, if that even, and he had the best year of his career. Maybe Vick will come back and do that. But I highly doubt it.

I dont think that their season is over, they have a nice back up in Doug Johnson, it´s not Vick, but he can hold the team for .500 unitil Vick comes back. If Vick is out for the first 4 games, the Falcons can go 2-2, maybe 3-1. Look at the sked: at Dallas (W), Washington (L or W), Tampa Bay (L) and at Carolina (W).

That's exactly what I keep telling myself. They got lucky their schedule is easy in the beginning. Then again they were 1-3 last season and still made the playoffs, so anything could happen. As for Brooking, he's not a top tier LB. I think he has the potential to, but he's really a 2nd tier guy. Of course by top tier I mean Urlacher and Lewis. 2nd tier is the best of the rest, right where Brooking fits in.

That's exactly what I keep telling myself. They got lucky their schedule is easy in the beginning. Then again they were 1-3 last season and still made the playoffs, so anything could happen. As for Brooking, he's not a top tier LB. I think he has the potential to, but he's really a 2nd tier guy. Of course by top tier I mean Urlacher and Lewis. 2nd tier is the best of the rest, right where Brooking fits in.

IMO, i think he is in the same level. The Falcons will go to the playoffs.

I think it's a shame that the second best player in the NFL is hurt.

2nd best player in the NFL? Michael Vick? LOL!

Talk about overrated. He's better than Favre? Faulk? Warner? Strahan? Moss? Brooks? Tomlinson? Staley? McAllister?

I see 18 QB's that had a higher QB Rating (a stat that basically measures the effectiveness of a QB), 18 who threw more more yards, and 19 who threw for more TD's.

His rushing totals are obviously #1 for QB's, but that's something that I don't understand -- if he's getting paid to throw the ball, he should not be scrambling on every other play. It increases his chances of getting hurt, and it isn't what is best for the team. For my money, I'd rather have my QB throw for 3,500 yards and rush for around 100 instead of throwing for 2,900 and rushing for nearly 800. Reason for that being against a very good defense (like, say, the Bucs), the rushing strategy is not going to work because they're just too good. Then, you will be forced to go to the pass, and it just doesn't work that way. It works MUCH better if your first option is to pass, then you run if necessary. It doesn't work as well in the reverse.

So, long story short, Vick may be one of the most exciting players in the league, but to call him the 2nd best player is not only myopic, it's also flat out incorrect.

Urlacher number 1 of course.

That's funny. Was that supposed to be in green? Bears fans are no better than Cubs fans, it proves true almost everyday.

clujer-I don't think Vick is the 2nd best player in the league, but he is definitely better than Favre(he's past his prime), Warner(injuries), Moss(doesn't work hard enough), Brooks(LOL), Tomlinson(this is close), Staley(injuries and attitude), and McAllister(wtf is he doing on this list). Ray Lewis, Faulk, McNabb, Strahan, and probably a few others I can't think of are currently better than Vick. Vick also had no good WRs last season so he had to run more due to that. The offensive line isn't that great either, so he was under a lot of pressure. He has an arm, and he will show it this year when he plays.

The Falcons will still make the playoffs if Vick is back by the team's 6th game (he is expected back before that even) and plays well.