Sox @ Tigers, 7/21, 3:05, FOX

soxfan49

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
Adam Dunn. Such a fearsome #3 hitter. Nice job, big man. Way to get it started.

Adam is a good offensive player but his. 203 average suggests he is not a good hitter. The 3 hole is supposed to be for your best hitter.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Adam is a good offensive player but his. 203 average suggests he is not a good hitter. The 3 hole is supposed to be for your best hitter.

His .147 in the last 10 days is terrific. But of course, he's hit 3 HR's and that's all that anybody gives a s*** about.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:34 PM)
We have a serious organizational pucker factor after the asb. I mean just a slight bit of pressure and they press and die on the vine.

I think that's something they seem to miss in evaluating young talent. I don't know if you can evaluate that but the Sox organization seems to have an epic fail in this. Maye the reason 2005 worked is you had a lot of guys that didn't have the Sox stink on them.

This is really nothing new. 1st half of the century they folded to the Twins and now it's the Tigers.

Guess what guys: It's July 21st. Even if we fall out of place, we could be right back in 1st tomorrow. Oh, and you know what else? We fell out of first place once already this season and we got it back shortly after. Hell, this game isn't over anyway either.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
I think that's something they seem to miss in evaluating young talent. I don't know if you can evaluate that but the Sox organization seems to have an epic fail in this. Maye the reason 2005 worked is you had a lot of guys that didn't have the Sox stink on them.

This is really nothing new. 1st half of the century they folded to the Twins and now it's the Tigers.

05 was about getting a big lead lead in the division early on. We fended off the Indians towards the end. But we do have issues post asb. Everyone presses.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 03:40 PM)
I honestly have no idea what KW should do right now. The offense needs help but there's no one you flat out bench. I say go with what we have right now.

Agreed. We have several players in slumps (some big, some small)

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
Guess what guys: It's July 21st. Even if we fall out of place, we could be right back in 1st tomorrow. Oh, and you know what else? We fell out of first place once already this season and we got it back shortly after. Hell, this game isn't over anyway either.

This. We didn't get here by fluke.