Sox @ Tigers, 7/21, 3:05, FOX

soxfan49

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
05 was about getting a big lead lead in the division early on. We fended off the Indians towards the end. But we do have issues post asb. Everyone presses.

Some manage to win at the same time. This is not the Sox MO.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
I think that Thornton/Reed implosion has had a big impact

Despite Addison's false bravado on the Fox interview, that game had a huge impact on this team's psyche.

He can act as nonchalant as he wants, but whatever...

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 03:57 PM)
Why is everyone talking Luke we've lost this game already? All we need to do is shut them down in the 8th, score 5 in the top of the 9th, and than let Reed do his job!

Because this whole weekend was predictable from the moment Matt Thornton entered the game Thursday night.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
Because this whole weekend was predictable from the moment Matt Thornton entered the game Thursday night.

Yes, and I think tomorrow's conclusion is in the books as well. I hate to say it but you just knew this was going to happen once Cody Ross did his cute little bat flip. It's ok we're only 1.5 games out after tomorrow and this Tiger's team is very beatable this year.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:56 PM)
Kitties are hot and the Sox are not. Stay close over the next few weeks and they will cool off. Key is the Sox catching fire again.

What makes you think the kitties will cool off? I'm of the mindset that once they get comfortably in first place (2 or more games ahead), they'll play their best baseball.

Edited by SouthSidePride05

The better question is how much baseball have we watched to not understand the ol' Hawkeroo's adage..."it's not who you play, it's when you play 'em"

The White Sox are the team to play right now because several hitters are slumping and we've had all kinds of injuries to pitchers. Let guys even out a little bit, play at home some, see what happens.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
What makes you think the kitties will cool off? I'm of the mindset that once they get comfortably in first place (2 or more games ahead), they'll play their best baseball.

Two games ahead is a comfortable lead? They're still a team with a ton of holes.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)

Because I don't think they are that good.