Sox @ Tigers, 7/21, 3:05, FOX

soxfan49

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate losing to the kitties as much as anyone, and losing 1st place. But I want this to be a close race and a fun one. There's no reason the Sox have to turtle after this road trip. s***, we've been getting by with a ton of inexperience in the bullpen and a couple of our "best" hitters going through prolonged slumps. I fully expect this to be a competitive 2nd half.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
Boy when the Sox get in these funks they look like the worst team in baseball.

Up and down up and down.

Losing streaks suck.

Every team has stretches like this.

The better fans realize that their team doesn't suck.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 05:21 PM)
Take a poll: if you'd asked fans if they would take being .5 games out of 1st on July 21st would they take it?

People have to stop talking like this. Seriously.

Look at the payroll. Look at the players Kenny acquired over the years to win nothing, that actually did something in the first 84 games.

This team is supposed to win games. The "would you have taken" scenarios are ridiculous.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
Adam Dunn. Such a fearsome #3 hitter. Nice job, big man. Way to get it started.

Sox need to trade for hitting, not pitching. A second baseman that can hit would be a welcome addition. Also, a good hitting outfielder that would allow Viciedo to DH at times, especially against LHP.

If they could get someone to take Dunn in a trade, all the better but I doubt anyone would want him.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 05:21 PM)
Our new division:

Sox 50-44 -

Bal 49-44 0.5

Oak 49-44 0.5

TB 49-45 1.0

Bos 48-46 2.0

Cle 47-46 2.5

Tor 46-47 3.5

I'm not giving up on the division but I'm willing to bet the White Sox are better than every single one of these teams you mention.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
People have to stop talking like this. Seriously.

Look at the payroll. Look at the players Kenny acquired over the years to win nothing, that actually did something in the first 84 games.

This team is supposed to win games. The "would you have taken" scenarios are ridiculous.

Practically all of the Sox teams this century has done something with the 1st half. They just seem to fail under pressure in the 2nd half. Nothing new under the sun here.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
Every team has stretches like this.

The better fans realize that their team doesn't suck.

I'm not saying the Sox suck.

I am saying I'm not convinced we're going to escape the curse of being one or two above or under .500 this season, now that the team is in a horrible funk again.

It's hard to tell how Sale was today without being able to see.

Just a bad outing our was his stuff diminished... Any indication he is wearing down?

pretty much the same exact thing as Peavy last game. 1 bad inning and great the rest.

At some point we have to score runs, it doesn't matter how great our pitching is if we can't score

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
Sox need to trade for hitting, not pitching. A second baseman that can hit would be a welcome addition. Also, a good hitting outfielder that would allow Viciedo to DH at times, especially against LHP.

If they could get someone to take Dunn in a trade, all the better but I doubt anyone would want him.

The bottom third of the order just doesn't get on base enough against right-handers. I still think a starting pitcher is most important though.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
the team is in a horrible funk again.

They've lost 4 in a row - two of which where very tough losses.

They've lost 7 of the last ten.

Before that, they where on fire.

No reason to think of this as horrible in my mind.

Just turn it around and get back to winning series and winning in the central.

It's far from over - enjoy the ride.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
I'm not giving up on the division but I'm willing to bet the White Sox are better than every single one of these teams you mention.

I see a bunch of flawed teams competing to lose to the Angels in a 1-game playoff.