Will the next Sox-Tigers series at the Cell be meaningful?

SouthSidePride05

Will the next Sox-Tigers series at the Cell be meaningful?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will the next Sox-Tigers series at the Cell be meaningful?

• No. The Sox will be out of contention.
    • No. The Tigers will be out of contention.
    • Somewhat. Either the Sox or Tigers will have a comfortable lead with a slight chance of a potential choke.
    • Yes. Both teams will be in a dead heat, and the Cell will be up for grabs.

The 19 games after tomorrow that Detroit has is a brutal. That will decide this race I think. If we can get up 4 to 5 games during thta stretch then the series you are talking about will mean something. If we can't and Detroit conitnues to play like that have been we don't have a shot. Time will tell. But Ventura needs to shake this lineup up. Deaza, Youk, AJ, Rios, Dunn, PK, Lexi, Tank, Gordon. I would try that and see if it sparks this team. I know they will never push PK that low in the order, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

When that series starts, there will be 23 games left. My guess is the Sox will be 3-5 games back when it starts.

We'll be doing math problems, like if the Sox win 3 of 4, we'll be 2 out with 19 left. And then the Tigers will run the table with their weak schedule at the end.

Yes, because even if Detroit pulls away, we are still in the thick of it for one of the two wild card spots. Detroit is just been hot lately and we are still tied in the losses column. It is not like we are 5 games out in late July.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)
When that series starts, there will be 23 games left. My guess is the Sox will be 3-5 games back when it starts.

We'll be doing math problems, like if the Sox win 3 of 4, we'll be 2 out with 19 left. And then the Tigers will run the table with their weak schedule at the end.

That's what makes a first place team. Post ASB Sox are not the best at beating team they are suppose to. They could sweep the Tigers and lose 4/6 to the Twins and Royals.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 10:42 AM)
That's what makes a first place team. Post ASB Sox are not the best at beating team they are suppose to. They could sweep the Tigers and lose 4/6 to the Twins and Royals.

Detroit was the odds favorite to win this division. They are starting to play to their potential. The series we just lost they were at home it is possible we can sweep them at our place of residence. KW and Robin will have to keep making adjustments to a team which somehow has been interjected more with heart than talent. I believe the sox will come together will find their winning attitude. With total disregard for any rational thinking they will still be in the hunt through. That series will find the sox in striking distance so it will not be a meaningless series.

An offensive slump coupled with a pitching staff decimated by injuries has made for a bad week of baseball. Guess what? This was a pretty good offense before the asb so they aren't going to slump forever and we're about to add 3 quality pitchers to the staff, this team will be just fine. Everyone needs to calm the f*** down.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 06:27 PM)
The 19 games after tomorrow that Detroit has is a brutal. That will decide this race I think. If we can get up 4 to 5 games during thta stretch then the series you are talking about will mean something. If we can't and Detroit conitnues to play like that have been we don't have a shot. Time will tell. But Ventura needs to shake this lineup up. Deaza, Youk, AJ, Rios, Dunn, PK, Lexi, Tank, Gordon. I would try that and see if it sparks this team. I know they will never push PK that low in the order, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

So far Detroit is 2-4 in that 18 game span I was talking about and we have made up 4 games in a week. Detroit goes to Boston next. Hopefully they conitnue to slide a little bit and we take advantage of playing the Twins and we can pick up another game or two.