GT: Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers

justBLAZE

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
I don't think anyone would expect them to beat the Angels or Rangers in the Wild Card game.

Let's just face it, the Tigers are better, especially with the injury to Danks and the rookies filling up the pen.

We will forever be haunted by Escobar, Thornton and Reed from Thursday night's game...and Ventura's inexperience.

Sorry, but the team was struggling before that choke job and the Tigers were playing their best baseball of the year.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)
Turner has one good start this year, one bad start. It's not like he's had a 6 ERA for the entire season. Of course he had no issues with the 7/8/9 of the Sox lineup today, which is about AAA caliber.

Why is Flowers starting today? Because he's country strong?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
Sorry, but the team was struggling before that choke job and the Tigers were playing their best baseball of the year.

But that was the tipping point. There's no way we would be in the process of getting swept now had they won that game. Friday, yeah...but not Saturday and Sunday, and not with Sale.

Can't believe Scott choked away the British Open.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
But that was the tipping point. There's no way we would be in the process of getting swept now had they won that game. Friday, yeah...but not Saturday and Sunday, and not with Sale.

You have no way of knowing this. Even if they won Thursday's game, it was a showdown this weekend of a hot hitting team and a cold hitting team. Also, Porcello has pitched better vs the Sox this year than anyone else.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:43 PM)
And how many are still pitching?

Almost all of them.....

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...0&sort=18,a

And I did that w/ a minimum of 120 IP, which actually puts Humber at a disadvantage on that list because he is at 123, while a bunch of other guys on the list are at 170 innings+

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 05:46 PM)
Almost all of them.....

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...0&sort=18,a

And I did that w/ a minimum of 120 IP, which actually puts Humber at a disadvantage on that list because he is at 123, while a bunch of other guys on the list are at 170 innings+

Am I missing a page? I see Humber 4th on this list.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
I'm on board with trading some of our defense for offense. A guy like Flowers should not be in this lineup. A guy like Beckham, I'm honestly read to give the heave ho to. All defense, no offense

Beckham is a bust. I think it's pretty safe to say that. Nothing but a glove. Utility player is all he is.

Caesar, what, if anything do you actually enjoy about the White Sox?

List 3 things.

As far as trading away anyone from our current roster (with the exception of the bullpen)....doesn't make any sense because you're fighting with 5-6-7 teams just for the right to face one of the two best teams in baseball, the Angels and Rangers.