GT: Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers

justBLAZE

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 05:57 PM)
As someone who has largely been watching this season from a neutral baseball viewpoint, they can be really entertaining to watch.

I know I get myself in trouble on here for saying how good the Tigers are, but I think in 10 days, they're going to be the best team in baseball if they upgrade SP and 2B. Austin Jackson turning into a stud has made this team so much more dangerous.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:53 PM)
How do you know Beckham has no trade value?

Well, if you were a GM of an opposing team, who would you trade your 2B for to replace him with Beckham?

Yeah, I know, Joe Borchard had almost no trade value and we got Matt Thornton for him.

But it's not like we are going to get Weeks or Ackley. Maybe Jermile Weeks. Betancourt. Robert Andino.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
I'm surprised they didn't try to get Gavin back for this start, given his success vs the Tigers. Instead, you have him facing his nemesis tomorrow.

Exactly. Some of the decisions this org. makes is really crazy and makes you question if they know what they are doing.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
Is it my fault that we have no farm system? Is it my fault our GM trades away prospects and mortgages the future? What's the point of playing and paying someone who only has negligible trade value? This org. needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. I've been saying this for years. This going for it every year isn't working.

No, it is your fault that you show up to this site and bring nothing but negative comments. Good or bad games, your comments are the same.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
There is no way Humber is better than Axelrod, and I really cringe when Axelrod is on the mound for the Sox.

I'm no fan of Axelrod, but outside of the ridiculous 3 day rest start, I reluctantly have to agree with you. Axelrod has done a very impressive job against the top teams in the league.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
I know I get myself in trouble on here for saying how good the Tigers are, but I think in 10 days, they're going to be the best team in baseball if they upgrade SP and 2B. Austin Jackson turning into a stud has made this team so much more dangerous.

Do not forget add Victor Martinez back to Tiger lineup, makes Sox look AAA!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
For the love of God, give Phillip Humber his release.

I think he gets one more start. I worry about KW overpaying for a starting pitcher now though, especially if he doesn't necessary fill a hole by using Quintana to acquire one.