GT: Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers

justBLAZE

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
You gotta be bleepin' me. How does Humber only give up 2 runs to Boston? Aren't the offenses of the Boston and Detroit both potent?

That Red Sox lineup without Ortiz wasn't that dangerous.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
The good news is the Tigers pitcher has an ERA like Humber's.

The bad news is that it was in a small sample size, and the guy that is pitching is top 25 prospect in baseball.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:00 PM)
No, it is your fault that you show up to this site and bring nothing but negative comments. Good or bad games, your comments are the same.

Really? What good games have their been? Look back on my history. I'm not always negative, just when it needs to be. What do you bring? I support this team, i just express my opinion. You don't like it, sorry.

Farmer said the team looks tired.

Of course, that will happen when you give back the lead every time the offense scores. Well, we've been on the other side of this, when we had our own 14-2 run.

But do we really face Liriano tmrw? Just goes from bad to worse.

I wonder how many times in MLB history the two teams fighting for first had six consecutive games (in the standings) go to one team in the rivalry?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:08 PM)
I think the clock started ticking on KW after the Boesch homer.

Question for you....do you think even with a solid starting pitcher acquisition that this team can contend with the Tigers the rest of the year?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
Question for you....do you think even with a solid starting pitcher acquisition that this team can contend with the Tigers the rest of the year?

If your goal is to make the playoffs, then they don't need to compete with Detroit.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
I think the clock started ticking on KW after the Boesch homer.

Why? Better yet, don't bother to respond.

Carry on with your anti-KW rants, if it actually makes you feel better.

No matter what, you (and everybody else here) have no CLUE whether the person who would replace him would do better. How many years will you give a new GM before you turn on him? 2 years? 3 years? 5 years?

I don't know, but it's their best chance over the next 2-3 years.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:11 PM)
Then you will compete with 7 other teams.

Now ask yourself the quetion that fathom asked Marty. I don't think a SP will make a difference. This team cannot hit, and it hasn't been able to hit post asb for as long as I can remember.

And they already have Smyly, who was an early favorite for AL Rookie Pitcher of the Year.

They will certainly fix 2B, and get rid of Raburn/Santiago (as a starter).

Edited by caulfield12