GT: Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers

justBLAZE

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:22 PM)
Not only that, but our bench has been exposed this week. That Escobar mistake was a huge one in the 9th the other night.

The bench has been shockingly bad all year. Escobar's been good on defense all season though.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)
Detroit is just better than us. They played way below their expectations and now they are playing like everyone expected. As for us, maybe we played abouve our heads and we are seeing the true 2012 Sox.

No We haven't played above our heads, do u forget that the White Sox still managed a 79-83 record last yr considering the yrs Dunn, PV and Rios had.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
Detroit is just better than us. They played way below their expectations and now they are playing like everyone expected. As for us, maybe we played abouve our heads and we are seeing the true 2012 Sox.

You can make an argument that if we had a healthy Danks, it'd be closer.

However, they've been without Victor Martinez, Smyly, Fister (their 2 starter, arguably), Albuquerque, Austin Jackson...health is not an excuse for the White Sox.

BS they have verlander and thats it ,we just cant score now,detriot is overated !!!!!!

Detroit will cool off again, and the Sox will go on a run. You just have to hope it doesn't get out of hand before those things happen. Who knows, maybe Cabrera has a bottle of rum after the game and Fielder has a serious gout attack and they go back to mediocre.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:19 PM)
I've been advocating putting Rios 3rd, but that wouldn't do much to help out since ADA and Youk aren't reaching base. Beckham should be benched, but do you really think Hudson can provide a spark? Not likely

Honestly, let Escobar play second. I'm just tired of the Beckham experiment. He isn't mentally tough enough to play at this level. I have nothing to back that up, just my opinion by watching him play.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
BS they have verlander and thats it ,we just cant score now,detriot is overated !!!!!!

This. Their pitching staff sucks beside JV and defense is bad as well. There's a reason why the season is 162 games.

Edited by kapzk

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)

Porcello shut us down, Turner is shutting us down. Fister is a good pitcher. No way are they overrated.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
This. They have pitching staff sucks beside JV and defense is bad as well. There's a reason why the season is 162 games.

Their bullpen is underrated, as everyone focuses on Valverde but Benoit has been outstanding since the ASB last year. Villareal has been quite the find for them.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)
This. Their pitching staff sucks beside JV and defense is bad as well. There's a reason why the season is 162 games.

If their pitching sucks, what does that say for our hitters?

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)
Honestly, let Escobar play second. I'm just tired of the Beckham experiment. He isn't mentally tough enough to play at this level. I have nothing to back that up, just my opinion by watching him play.

This is a troll type of post. Escobar instead of Beckham? Anyone who really does watch them play would never suggest this.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
Detroit will cool off again, and the Sox will go on a run. You just have to hope it doesn't get out of hand before those things happen. Who knows, maybe Cabrera has a bottle of rum after the game and Fielder has a serious gout attack and they go back to mediocre.

Haa haaaaa Yeah, time will tell.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
This is a troll type of post. Escobar instead of Beckham? Anyone who really does watch them play would never suggest this.

Yeah because Beckham is just lighting it up with his stick.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 07:28 PM)
I just hope we're not paying Myers essentially $6.5 million to be a set-up guy for 2 months. The Astros better be paying that buyout money.

Sox are paying him 1 million dollars this year