GT: Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers

justBLAZE

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
They've been winning at a .750 clip for the last 3 weeks. Think that'll last?

Not .750, but they're better than last year, and look at what they did to the rest of the division in August and September.

This time, they do have a really tough schedule coming up through at least the end of Aug. Frankly, I thought the Angels could split with them.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
They've been winning at a .750 clip for the last 3 weeks. Think that'll last?

I wouldn't expect it to, but I have no idea. Im more worried about whether our losing clip will continue and how long that will last. I see no signs of them figuring it out with the bats.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
Fister was a fluke for them last year. He is not as good as those numbers indicate during that time after he was acquired. If anything he is high 3 to low 4 era pitcher at best

That's a good ERA for the AL.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:35 PM)
I'd honestly be ok with benching this entire starting line up except for Rios for 1 game.

I remember Thibs did something like that last year when the starters displeased him. Sends a message.

Great idea. Then who plays the field after out three of four bench players fill in for the game though?

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
Fister was a fluke for them last year. He is not as good as those numbers indicate during that time after he was acquired. If anything he is high 3 to low 4 era pitcher at best

Look at his last 2-3 starts with the Tigers...he has been solid again.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
Hudson is not as good defensively as Beckham, and he hit about .160 last time the Sox let him play.

Hudson was prolly the best 2nd basemen defensively this the past decade (2000-2010), no one would say that of Beckham, even tho he is good but not Hudson good at 2nd.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 11:36 AM)
Not .750, but they're better than last year, and look at what they did to the rest of the division in August and September.

This time, they do have a really tough schedule coming up through at least the end of Aug. Frankly, I thought the Angels could split with them.

I think they were WAY better last year. Their #'s with RISP were ridiculous, led by Martinez. And then you had the whole Fister 2nd half addition/hot streak.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
Put him back in the 2nd spot where he was playing well. Go with this lineup

ADA

Beckham

Rios

Dunn

Konerko

AJ

Youk

Viciedo

Ramirez

If he has to be in the lineup, then try that. But I would bat aj 4, youk 5, dunn 6, pk 7, tank, lexi. Give it a try. I know it will never happen and I am gonna get flamed on for having PK batting 7 but it can't hurt.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
Hudson was prolly the best 2nd basemen defensively this the past decade (2000-2010), no one would say that of Beckham, even tho he is good but not Hudson good at 2nd.

Hudson has really slipped in his 30's, both range-wise and baserunning. Once again, speed players like him, Figgins and Pierre don't age well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
Since this thread is active, figured I'd get the most responses here: if you could amnesty one contract with the Sox right now, who would it be?

Julio Cruz