GT: Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers

justBLAZE

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:43 PM)
Nice job Alex. You are the only one who hasn't been disappointing these past few weeks

I am thoroughly pleased with Alex Rios this year. You have to feel good for him too after some real bad years

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
Since this thread is active, figured I'd get the most responses here: if you could amnesty one contract with the Sox right now, who would it be?

With all of the strikeouts and lack of at bats that actively contribute something to the team (moving over runners, fly balls to tag up, doubles, singles, etc) Adam Dunn is my choice. Rios and his crappy contract a close second. No way he's worth that much money.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
So is reality finally setting in for this team? I've felt for weeks Detroit was going to go on a big run.

If Martinez was not hurt this would of happened earlier.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
One of the worst FA signings in Sox history, IMO.

It's the poster child of a Kenny Wiliams wants. He has been drafting guys who project power and tools but the bat making contact with the ball is not one of the tools. All things being equal he would draft Borchard again.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
One of the worst FA signings in Sox history, IMO.

I don't get all the hatred for Adam Dunn and his deal. You paid the guy to come in, hit home runs drive in RBIs and get a walk. You never should have had the expectation that he was going to hit for AVG or anything like that. Yes, he sucked last season but the guy is a league leader in Home Runs and walks this season. What more do you want from the guy?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
Agreed

For me, it was the lack of production in previous years. And the remaining duration of the deal is problematic. It's a fixed cost that could put a damper on future plans.