GT: Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers

justBLAZE

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
I'd like to see him hit over .200 with the White Sox. That's something I'd like from a big time FA who's hitting 3rd in the lineup.

once again you didn't pay the guy to hit for average. Everyone knows when adam dunn comes to the plate he is going to do 1 of 3 things....walk, HR or K. He has never been a person to hit for average but as long as he is hitting HRs, driving people in, and getting on base I can take a low batting average. That has never been his thing, no reason we should assume he is going to do that here.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
once again you didn't pay the guy to hit for average. Everyone knows when adam dunn comes to the plate he is going to do 1 of 3 things....walk, HR or K. He has never been a person to hit for average but as long as he is hitting HRs, driving people in, and getting on base I can take a low batting average. That has never been his thing, no reason we should assume he is going to do that here.

But he can feel free to hit higher than .200 in a Sox uniform

Because I have no faith he is going to continue to be an all-star for the duration of his contract. You guys get so high and low on players so quickly. Completely knee-jerk around here. Ask that same question 6 weeks ago and no one would be saying Dunn.

Dunn will get better, Rios will get worse. That's just how it's going to happen. And in the end, I think Dunn will be more valuable to us hitting 40 bombs a year than Rios when he normalizes.

I was saying Dunn 6 weeks ago. I'd love to sell his contract to some team who looks at his HR's and RBI's and thinks he's good.

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)

Your 3rd hitter in the lineup is not usually the big power swing and miss guy. You usually have your best bat hitting 3rd.

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)

Hitting for avg is one thing, hitting 200 is another.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
This is the same guy that was calling games over in the KC series before they even started. I mean, you can't make this s*** up. Now go defend Guillen.

I think you are gonna get banned eventually partly for continuing to tell me what to do.

I'll just wait you out.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
I think you are gonna get banned eventually partly for continuing to tell me what to do.

I'll just wait you out.

Not gonna happen. You come here attacking me. Now run along. Ignore me.

I'd like to see him hit over .200 with the White Sox. That's something I'd like from a big time FA who's hitting 3rd in the lineup.

I would like to see him hit .240, whack 40 home runs and get 100+ RBIs. That's a pipe dream though.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
This is the same guy that was calling games over in the KC series before they even started. I mean, you can't make this s*** up. Now go defend Guillen.

I was at game one of that series and enjoyed all 14 innings.

Great night for me and friends at the game. Fun times. And I got mad once and once only: When Reed blew the save.

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)

People still were atleast expecting to see .240-.260

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)

I still don't think that hitting over .200 is too much to ask for, sorry. He's had one historically bad season which almost defies logic. So even if we toss that one out (which we shouldn't), then I'd at least like him to match his career stats. I think that's a reasonable expectation.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
Hitting for avg is one thing, hitting 200 is another.

at the end of the day does it really matter if he hits .200 if he finishes the season with 40+ HRs and 100+ RBIs? All I am saying is if he is getting his walks (continuing to get on base) hrs and rbi's that makes up for his low batting average. We all knew his batting avg wasn't great when he signed here. That is simply something you have to live with and move on

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
at the end of the day does it really matter if he hits .200 if he finishes the season with 40+ HRs and 100+ RBIs? All I am saying is if he is getting his walks (continuing to get on base) hrs and rbi's that makes up for his low batting average. We all knew his batting avg wasn't great when he signed here. That is simply something you have to live with and move on

Imagine what he could finish with if he hit 240 or 250, hell if he hit 230. That's all I am saying.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 07:01 PM)
Why does he rustle your jimmies so much?

I'm not bothered at all by people who like to be pessimistic

I just want to ignore him before I get banned and couldn't find any ignore feature.

Sorry to hijack the thread with this.

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:01 PM)

I agree, he's not going to hit for a big average. We need him to get on base when he's not driving in runs. At the pace he's been on since June, he'll be hitting under .200 pretty soon.

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)

Still his OBP, which is the stat that you look at Dunn, in the 2 seasons with the whitesox are his lowest two in his career.

Me too. I hope Adam Dunn is finally evidence enough for some people to admit that OBP is not completely superior to BA. Sweet Fancy Moses is this guy useless at 3

Edited by Jerksticks

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)

So theoretically a .165BA, 40 HR, 100 RBI would suffice for you.