GT: Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers

justBLAZE

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
I agree, he's not going to hit for a big average. We need him to get on base when he's not driving in runs. At the pace he's been on since June, he'll be hitting under .200 pretty soon.

I know he needs to get on base....but for his lack of batting AVG he is making it up in his walk total. His last season in washington he drew 77 Walks all season long. This season he already has 74 walks, so he is making up for his average by walking so much.

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
at the end of the day does it really matter if he hits .200 if he finishes the season with 40+ HRs and 100+ RBIs? All I am saying is if he is getting his walks (continuing to get on base) hrs and rbi's that makes up for his low batting average. We all knew his batting avg wasn't great when he signed here. That is simply something you have to live with and move on

It matters that he hits over .200 and closer to his career average because when two runners are on and you are a power hitter, you should not just K or home run. You should drive the damn ball down the line or in the gaps. If you can't do that then you aren't worth $15 million a year. I'd rather see Youkilis take his role at that point.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
So theoretically a .165BA, 40 HR, 100 RBI would suffice for you.

If his walk total is up then yes, this means he is making up for his low AVG by getting on base via the walk. You signed the guy for the 40 HR and 100 RBI not to hit .300

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Don't look now, but we just scored runs and didn't give up runs in the next frame.

Only happens when ahead by 2 or less..............behind means nothing :lolhitting

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
If his walk total is up then yes, this means he is making up for his low AVG by getting on base via the walk. You signed the guy for the 40 HR and 100 RBI not to hit .300

And the best place for an all or nothing bat like this is the 3 hole?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
And the best place for an all or nothing bat like this is the 3 hole?

im not arguing where he should be placed in the lineup, if it was up to me the 3-5 would be Rios, Konerko, Dunn....all i am saying is he is this season Dunn doing what you paid him to do