GT: Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers

justBLAZE

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:08 PM)
Funny that you think Pedro is the only pitcher we have to replace him.

The AAA, AA and AAAA guys the White Sox have are not going to be better than Humber. The "savior" will be found outside of the organization to replace Humber.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
Please come back Mr Danks.

Sorry, but it's on the rest of the team to rebound. Even if Danks returns this year, it's going to be at least a month. At that point, the standings will be more clear.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
The AAA, AA and AAAA guys the White Sox have are not going to be better than Humber. The "savior" will be found outside of the organization to replace Humber.

Axelrod would be better than Humber.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)

I have no problem with that. But the guy I was referring to is Simon Castro. If there is someone in the farm that has a chance its him.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
All we can hope for is hopefully these guys don't dig too deep of a hole

They are coming home with a road trip record of 3-7. They are now 1.5 games behind Detroit with pleanty of baseball left. This team NEEDS to get those bats going. This team NEEDS another starting pitcher. I think this 3 game home series vs the Twins is exactly what they need to turn this thing around. Anything less than winning 2 games will be unacceptable.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
Sorry, but it's on the rest of the team to rebound. Even if Danks returns this year, it's going to be at least a month. At that point, the standings will be more clear.

Yeah it seems Danks wont be back for a while. Maybe Kenny has something else cooking?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
Itll be interesting to see how this team responds after being swept. It isnt over yet guys. Lots of games left to play. Detroit has been playing bad baseball for most of the season. It was only a matter of time before they went on a hot streak.

My favorite is the standings context statements "if I could have told you that we would of been within two games on this date in the offseason you would of taken it". Of course the forget to state the qualifier of well you were 3.5 games in front of everyone a week ago.

We weren't supposed to be competitive.

The twins tigers are flawed. Their [variable] is not that good.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
My favorite is the standings context statements "if I could have told you that we would of been within two games on this date in the offseason you would of taken it". Of course the forget to state the qualifier of well you were 3.5 games in front of everyone a week ago.

We weren't supposed to be competitive.

The twins tigers are flawed. Their [variable] is not that good.

Quite right. :headbang

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
Itll be interesting to see how this team responds after being swept. It isnt over yet guys. Lots of games left to play. Detroit has been playing bad baseball for most of the season. It was only a matter of time before they went on a hot streak.

Agree. It is no fun when you hit a bad streak and your closet opponent is at their hottest but the overreaction by some is beyond ridiculous.

I like the Meyers addition and the return of Floyd and Crain will also help. We have to get the bats going again.

Remember we were not as good as we looked when we swept Texas and Tampa and we are not as bad as we look right now.

I think there is a lot of great baseball left this summer on the southside.

Oh and to the "salad man" I don't like your salad or your comments. I think you are a cub troll.

GO GO WHITE SOX!

After Sale lost yesterday, this was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Tigers go to Cleveland next as the start of a 9 game road trip. At least one of those teams has to lose, but it would be nice if we could actually beat Liriano once in an important game.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
GB hitting is bulls***. We got 3 guys who can play 2nd.

We need a starting second baseman who can hit. Gordon Beckham would be one of the best utility infielders in baseball. Then we wouldn't need to carry Escobar and Hudson on the roster.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
We need a starting second baseman who can hit. Gordon Beckham would be one of the best utility infielders in baseball. Then we wouldn't need to carry Escobar and Hudson on the roster.

We need a team that can hit. Everyone picks a player that they feel that we can replace when in reality the guys who are consistently hit are the outlier.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
It's not like we have a good young core with reinforcements on the way from the minors. I don't think he can "give the farm away."

AKA...don't trade away Viciedo, Reed, Jones, etc.

Give it 10 more days and see if we can right the ship first. If there are signs of life, then, maybe, you consider a move...but it's not worth mortgaging the entire future for a rental player we won't re-sign.

Not for a one game playoff against the Rangers or Angels.