GT: Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers

justBLAZE

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
AKA...don't trade away Viciedo, Reed, Jones, etc.

Give it 10 more days and see if we can right the ship first. If there are signs of life, then, maybe, you consider a move...but it's not worth mortgaging the entire future for a rental player we won't re-sign.

Not for a one game playoff against the Rangers or Angels.

You know I have a funny feeling that Kenny doesnt think this way at all. Nor should he.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
It's reading the same book over and expect the ending to be different.

I will still hold on to my theory that the organization lacks mental toughness. They are the Cubs of the AL.

It is a reoccurring theme. Getting swept after the asb by our chief protagonist.

http://www.southsidesox.com/2011/9/4/24053...reak-both-apply

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
It would be viewed as White Flag II

You know White Flag '97 was bulls***, right? The 97 Sox weren't going to win that division.

And if the Sox are 52-48 a week from now, I'll have no confidence in this team to get to the postseason.

Unfortunately, that second wild card will fool everyone into thinking they're in it.

Obviously, Kenny isn't going to sell. I would want him to, but he won't.

Right now, I'm very worried about what Peavy and Sale can do the rest of the season. They've been great, but we're seeing velocity go down for Sale, and location problems for Peavy. And the offense has been nothing short of terrible. Ventura doesn't make any adjustments. So we'll lose because that's what they deserve.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
You know White Flag '97 was bulls***, right? The 97 Sox weren't going to win that division.

And if the Sox are 52-48 a week from now, I'll have no confidence in this team to get to the postseason.

Unfortunately, that second wild card will fool everyone into think they're in it.

Right now, I'm very worried about what Peavy and Sale can do the rest of the season. They've been great, but we're seeing velocity go down for Sale, and location problems for Peavy. And the offense has been nothing short of terrible. Ventura doesn't make any adjustments. So we'll lose because that's what they deserve.

Sale will throw 94-97 MPH when he really needs it. He just got a slider in the wrong location against Jackson, but he was 10-0 coming off a Sox loss...he wasn't goign to be perfect the entire season.

I think we're just so used to seeing Verlander dial it up into the high 90's late in a game that we've forgotten how rare that truly is.

Not only Verlander, but Scherzer now, too.

Too many qs just surround the team at the moment. The most important ones are concerning the two guys that anchor the rotation. What happens with Sale when those innings start piling up? Is it right to stretch him out that much (assuming we are in it till September)? Does Peavy have enough arm strength to hold up for 200+ Innings? Yea people say our offense sucks, which currently is true, I will give it one more week for them to snap out of it.

But those two guys at the top of the rotation as good as they have been and the pedigree they bring to the mound, it is concerning when you talk about being in the thick of things till the end.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)

Unfortunately, that second wild card will fool everyone into think they're in it.

I don't want KW as part of a rebuilding. If they don't make the postseason KW needs to go.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
None of those guys are cf/leadoff hitters.

I was referring to DeAza.

The point is everyone always says it's SO easy to find players for certain positions, say, LF or 2B.

If it was, then KW already would have done it...yesterday. Even trading his own mother and kids.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
I don't want KW as part of a rebuilding. If they don't make the postseason KW needs to go.

That almost goes without saying. Long overdue. They should have cleaned house after last season.

Edited by flavum

Soon enough the Tigers will come back down to earth, they just caught us at a bad time. A typical up and down season. Yes, imagine that......a baseball season full of ups and downs, Hmmm...I've never seen that before.

The calls for blowing up the team already are insane and foolish. Let's just wait this thing out, it has been streaky all year. A good streak will come around, people need to relax

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
Soon enough the Tigers will come back down to earth, they just caught us at a bad time. A typical up and down season. Yes, imagine that......a baseball season full of ups and downs, Hmmm...I've never seen that before.

The calls for blowing up the team already are insane and foolish. Let's just wait this thing out, it has been streaky all year. A good streak will come around, people need to relax

We heard that last season.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)

He will get at least next season, whether you like it or not.

This season, up until this point, still has to be considered evidence of progress.

The biggest deal, Molina for Santos, actually saved the White Sox $7.25 million in guaranteed salary...so you can bet that JR's not going to fire Williams for saving him from that catastrophe.

Even the Danks and Peavy contracts were covered by insurance, so they're only losing 55-65 cents on the dollar.

Rios, Dunn and Peavy all performed up to their abilities this year. That makes KW look a lot better...if the bullpen wasn't leading the AL in blown saves, we would still be in first place and things would look much more positive.

That was the area he chose to go with youth (letting Frasor go, for example), and it has come back to bite him. But many were predicting 85-100 losses, and that clearly hasn't happened.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
I completely agree with this.

He doesn't know how to rebuild. His idea of rebuilding is trading vets packaged with a contract albatross to gain fiscal relief. He doesn't look for baseball players he looks for flawed athletes he can either fix or hope that their natural physical prowess can overcome.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
You are all overreacting. It's a long season. Do you all remember Houston? You go through s*** like this over the course of 162 games. They're hot, we're not. We've been hot when they've been cold. It happens. Relax, it's July.

Unfortunately history is no on your side. The Sox are not Houston.

3 managers in the new century and a majority of the story stays the same.