SOX S.O.S.: MUST STOP THE LOSING STREAK

Kyyle23

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will not go well... He could no hit them again. Or at the very least it will be a dominant start. This could be his last chance to make an impression and get traded to a contender so he'll wanna pitch his ass off and he's owned the Sox in the past. Just so much could go wrong tonight, I'm afraid to watch... But I will anyway.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)
This will not go well... He could no hit them again. Or at the very least it will be a dominant start. This could be his last chance to make an impression and get traded to a contender so he'll wanna pitch his ass off and he's owned the Sox in the past. Just so much could go wrong tonight, I'm afraid to watch... But I will anyway.

All they can hope is Liriano walks the yard.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
Prove us wrong Dunn. Ventura sure does like this particular lineup.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
Can't wait for the Sox to miss the second wildcard by one game because Ventura refused to make lineup adjustments.

1. I much prefer this to the Ozzie-generated random lineup generator.

2. This regular lineup was clicking along nicely until this road trip. Changing it now is silly and will make things worse, not better.

3. That all said, I do think Dunn needs a day off, and this seems as good a game as any.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
2. This regular lineup was clicking along nicely until this road trip. Changing it now is silly and will make things worse, not better.

I keep seeing people say this, but nothing seems to be changing with the offense. How long do you wait to make changes then?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
1. I much prefer this to the Ozzie-generated random lineup generator.

3. That all said, I do think Dunn needs a day off, and this seems as good a game as any.

It's subjective and hard to argue.

In this case, I don't see how having different lineups vs lefties and righties is going to be a slap in the face to these guys. They're supposed to be professionals.

Even if it's flipping Dunn and Rios and Viciedo and AJ against lefties, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Finding every little edge throughout the season is what separates playoff teams from teams that go home.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
I keep seeing people say this, but nothing seems to be changing with the offense. How long do you wait to make changes then?

A lot longer than a single road trip!

This "nothing seems to be changing" thing is just silly in this time frame. Changing the lineup (other than giving a day off to players here and there) isn't something you do based on one road/home stand. You do that, and you reduce your chances of getting back to the rhythm they HAD before the ASB, which was good.