SOX S.O.S.: MUST STOP THE LOSING STREAK

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 07:13 PM)
Thing with Beckham is that I'd be stunned if there's not a GM out there who loved him as a prospect and think they can get the best out of him.

To be honest, I wonder if a change of scenery would do him good. He's made improvements from Walker, but not big enough improvements. Very heady player but mentally he is awful at the plate. I don't get it cause he made everything look so easy.

Ahh crap, dink and dunk Twins ball.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 02:15 AM)
To be honest, I wonder if a change of scenery would do him good. He's made improvements from Walker, but not big enough improvements. Very heady player but mentally he is awful at the plate. I don't get it cause he made everything look so easy.

Absolutely a change of scenery would do him wonders it would seem.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
Beckham is still a good player and we should keep him. Defensively he is one of the best. The bat will come. Trust me

There's no way he can be successful with his current approach. His hitch is just as bad as 2010 and 2011.

Thornton hung a breaking ball...lucky Mauer didn't rip it into the seats.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 08:12 PM)
If the Sox can make a deal with Becks, Nate Jones and whomever, I'm all for it. If I were to make a move, it would be to upgrade 2B. Not sure who is out there.

Aaron Hill would be nice.

Or Jason Kubel.

Red Sox sure cooled off quickly.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
Totally OK with giving Orlando some starts at second.

He is horrible, we've been over this.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
Morel's hitless so far, and you'd be losing a ton of range at 2nd. If the choice is Beckham or Morel at 2nd, give me Beckham.

Not to mention, if anyone has forgotten....its Brent f***ing Morel.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
Beckham is still a good player and we should keep him. Defensively he is one of the best. The bat will come. Trust me

Couldn't agree more.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
Yeah, him and Alexei have been awesome defensively the last few months.

Excellent chemistry and huge talent up the middle. One of the best combos in baseball IMO.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
Thornton is back. To get out of that innning should be the cure for him

:lolhitting

When he holds a 1-2-3 run lead or tie game 3 times in a row, then maybe he will be back.

He needs to do it against teams like the Red Sox, Tigers, Rangers and Angels, not the Twins without Morneau.

No way Beckham is on the 2013 White Sox. Either a trade or non-tender in the offseason. He just does not have the mental capacity to play baseball in Chicago. Maybe elsewhere but it's never gonna happen here.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
He is horrible, we've been over this.

Not to mention, if anyone has forgotten....its Brent f***ing Morel.

Couldn't agree more.

Excellent chemistry and huge talent up the middle. One of the best combos in baseball IMO.

But in the AL, you can't have a 650 OPS when there are guys like CANO and most 2B are in the 725-800 OPS range.

That's just giving away too much offense.

Would prefer to see Myers here.

But oh well, Crain needs to pitch, too. Just to prove he can stay healthy, if nothing else.

That's why that gift run when Alexei and Gordon weren't paying attention hurts...it would be nice to win a game without a nail-biter.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
No way Beckham is on the 2013 White Sox. Either a trade or non-tender in the offseason. He just does not have the mental capacity to play baseball in Chicago. Maybe elsewhere but it's never gonna happen here.

Unfortunately he does, the mental midget capacity. They should keep him as a bench guy.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 02:33 AM)
I find it funny that people point to Beckham's mental fortitude as reasoning for his struggles. He's one of the loosest guys in the clubhouse.

The reports have always been that he over-analyzes everything involving his swing, approach, results, etc. I still would be surprised if we did get rid of him this offseason.

Edited by fathom