SOX S.O.S.: MUST STOP THE LOSING STREAK

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
The reports have always been that he over-analyzes everything involving his swing, approach, results, etc.

He puts too much pressure on himself, if anything. A lot of it has to do with the hype and expectation that surrounded him in his first year or two. The endless tinkering only made him develop bad habits. I wish he'd just go back to swinging freely and not thinking mechanically. For that, I blame Greg Walker.

EDIT: And I agree about keeping him. He's a great clubhouse guy and if the price is right, his glove is enough of a reason to keep him, even if it's off the bench.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 02:36 AM)
He puts too much pressure on himself, if anything. A lot of it has to do with the hype and expectation that surrounded him in his first year or two. The endless tinkering only made him develop bad habits. I wish he'd just go back to swinging freely and not thinking mechanically. For that, I blame Greg Walker.

Great explanation of it

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
Dammit they cut to commercial right as Myers name was announced. I wanted to see if he'd get booed at US Cellular.

He didn't, crowd here was indifferent small applause. Im guessing most peiple here never heard of the guy

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
I find it funny that people point to Beckham's mental fortitude as reasoning for his struggles. He's one of the loosest guys in the clubhouse.

And he never takes it into the field. The guy has been incredible at turning the DP.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
He didn't, crowd here was indifferent small applause. Im guessing most peiple here never heard of the guy

Even if you do know of the bad rap you still don't boo the guy. Nobody in the park was there that night and has no reason to boo him for what they may have heard. I'm honestly tired of it already.

I don't condone domestic violence by any means, but I also despise the fact that people are so much more judgemental of celebrities just because they make more money than us.