What should the Sox do with Morel?

NorthSideSox72

What to do with Morel?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Sox do?

• Give him back his starting job, make Youk a bench guy
    • Platoon Morel and Youk in some fashion
    • Morel becomes utility IF, PR/PH, on bench (get rid of Hudson)
    • Morel becomes utility IF, PR/PH, on bench (demote Escobar)
    • Option Morel to AAA, to get AB's and be ready for 2013
    • Other (specify)

Let him get ABs in AAA get his swing going and call him up late if were in the playoff hunt. Otherwise just let him get ABs down and hopefully he comes back next year better. Unless he tears up in AAA I think Youk will have the better of the two up with the big club. Lets get back to winning games. :gosoxretro:

Youk pretty much equalled Brent's season stats in 2-3 weeks.

Doesn't seem like Brent has the type of game suited for utility play, especially SS. Maybe he could play 2B.

We can't have both Beckham AND Morel being in the bottom quintile of their positions OPS-wise. Just can't imagine that Morel would have the type of range or agility to play 2B, and SS is definitely out.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 07:51 PM)
Play him in sept than trade him in the off season.

Amen. Or just leave him in AAA then trade him. He's old news. Get him out of here. His time has passed. He has a bad back and can't hit. Don't know who will replace him, but got to move on from Morel.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
Amen. Or just leave him in AAA then trade him. He's old news. Get him out of here. His time has passed. He has a bad back and can't hit. Don't know who will replace him, but got to move on from Morel.

agreed. hes never going to be a good hitter. cant have him and beckham in the same lineup, again

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)

You do realize we will get nothing for him in a trade, right? We'd just non-tender him if we wanted him out of the system.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
For those wanting to get rid of Morel, what is your plan for 3B next year?

Please tell me it's not Saladino or Tyler Kuhn.

Do you really think JR's going to shell out $12 or 13 million for YOUK if we don't make the playoffs?

Jaun Uuuuuuuuuuuribe!

I would try to negotiate with Youk.

Keep Morel in the minors. Maybe he was brought up too soon. We don't need another Beckham disaster.

Morel should spend the rest of July and all of August in AAA. We should call him up for September, but he should not replace Hudson or Escobar on the 25 man roster now or for the playoffs. He is simply not a bench player.

As for next year, I think Youk is the guy right now. If we can remain competitive until the end, I would expect the payroll to go up next year. I think KW will find a way to fit him in the budget for next season (assuming he stays healthy).