Tigers Acquire Sanchez and Infante from Marlins

Heads22

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
Let's get a pitcher, and maybe upgrade at 2B, and go for the wild card. Because that's all we got.

Some might say (including me) that this should have been the goal even before this trade. Hopefully Sanchez tanks and Turner becomes a stud.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
Some might say (including me) that this should have been the goal even before this trade. Hopefully Sanchez tanks and Turner becomes a stud.

this. anibal had a 5.96 era in interleague play this year, 5.00 in his career, hope it holds up. no more holes in that lineup :/

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
That should do it.

I hope Kenny stands pat.

Lol I love the white flags from some of you guys. Seriously the season is no where close to being over and were 1.5 games out of first. Give the doomed crap a rest.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:57 PM)
Lol I love the white flags from some of you guys. Seriously the season is no where close to being over and were 1.5 games out of first. Give the doomed crap a rest.

what/who is that in your avatar?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
This.

It sickens me how people place the Tigers on a pedestal. They still don't scare me.

The thing that sucks about the Sox/Tigers debate this year is that we've let their worst pitcher destroy us in 3 games this season. Hell, without those 3 starts, maybe they looked to replace Porcello and not Smyly's spot in the rotation.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
This.

It sickens me how people place the Tigers on a pedestal. They still don't scare me.

This is a team that won 95 games last year, and pretty much replaced Victor Martinez with Prince Fielder. Now they just added two players that address their biggest weaknesses. They are a team to be respected. Are they beatable? Sure, if they beat themselves. This is the team with the most talent in the AL Central. They should be on a pedestal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:02 PM)
If they were willing to give up Turner (and with the prospects they have in their system), I'm surprised they didn't aim higher and try to get Josh Johnson.

They might not have wanted JJ due to the injury/performance concerns.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 05:04 PM)
This is a team that won 95 games last year, and pretty much replaced Victor Martinez with Prince Fielder. Now they just added two players that address their biggest weaknesses. They are a team to be respected. Are they beatable? Sure, if they beat themselves. This is the team with the most talent in the AL Central. They should be on a pedestal.

They also had a number of players overperform last year. Jhonny Peralta came back down to earth and so did Brennan Boesch, but now Berry and Jackson have decided to be the flavor of the week. That team was fluky last season and they're fluky as of late. They don't scare me at all. And as long as they continue to spend recklessly, that's fine with me.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:57 PM)

Agree completely, I've never seen a fan base so eager to quit and start selling. We were in first place as recently as two days ago. We are currently 1 1/2 games out of the division lead and 1 game out of a wild card spot. There is still a ton of baseball left and we're right there. The non-stop panic on this site really needs to stop.

Also, Sanchez and Infante are not impact players. They will help the Tigers some, but let's not pretend they're world beaters.