Twins Ballpark

GoodAsGould

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:04 AM)
Im going up to Minnesota next weekend to see the Twins/Wsox game and figured I'd ask if anyone has been know the best food there etc. anything would be helpful. All I know is they don't serve churros which makes me a bit sad.

I've only been once so far since I moved to Minneapolis, so I can't really remember any food specifically. However, they did have a ton of options that looked good. I think I got some chicken tenders that were pretty tasty.

The thing I remember the most is that it's just an absolutely beautiful stadium. Gorgeous.

How are you getting to the game? Walking, driving, bus, other?

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 12:23 AM)
I've only been once so far since I moved to Minneapolis, so I can't really remember any food specifically. However, they did have a ton of options that looked good. I think I got some chicken tenders that were pretty tasty.

The thing I remember the most is that it's just an absolutely beautiful stadium. Gorgeous.

How are you getting to the game? Walking, driving, bus, other?

Visiting friends in Winona and they driving up there so not worried about all that..

forgo a traditional hotdog and nab a Kramarczuk's sausage. If you want something different, there is pork chop or walleye on a stick. If you are a fan of beers not Budweiser, local brews include Surly's (everyone raves about that, but Ive heard the lines are long every game), Summit and Schells

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 07:10 AM)
forgo a traditional hotdog and nab a Kramarczuk's sausage. If you want something different, there is pork chop or walleye on a stick. If you are a fan of beers not Budweiser, local brews include Surly's (everyone raves about that, but Ive heard the lines are long every game), Summit and Schells

Ahhh I forgot they had Kromarczuk's in there. I haven't had one at the field, but I've had them from the deli itself, they are fantastic. Surly's is good, I'm not a big fan of Summit though (but plenty of people are, so don't take my word for it).

Have to say the Twins stadium was awesome, you feel close to the field even when walking around the area behind the seats on the lower deck and despite being a last place team or near it the fans made it nearly a full park. Also, people would wait until in between batters to sit down which doesn't seem to happen at the Cell the last few times I've been. I definitely would want to go again sometime if I'm ever anywhere close.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:13 AM)
Have to say the Twins stadium was awesome, you feel close to the field even when walking around the area behind the seats on the lower deck and despite being a last place team or near it the fans made it nearly a full park. Also, people would wait until in between batters to sit down which doesn't seem to happen at the Cell the last few times I've been. I definitely would want to go again sometime if I'm ever anywhere close.

That was the first thing I noticed when I walked in, I was so happy about it (but completely forgot about it until you mentioned it). The ushers don't let people down if there's a batter up.

I had Kromarczuk's at two seperate games within three days and did not think they were any better than what is currently served at the Cell. Left field corner there is a guy serving a fresh roast with a bun and horseradish sauce, that was awesome.

Yes, Surly has awesome beer and the lines are atrocious as the game is going on, get there early and grab one

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:49 PM)
I had Kromarczuk's at two seperate games within three days and did not think they were any better than what is currently served at the Cell.

Blasphemous!

I went to Sox-Twins game this past Wednesday and sat way up in the left-field home run porch area (it was a free ticket, no complaining from me). Despite being high up it was still a great view and I didn't feel that far away at all.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
Blasphemous!

I went to Sox-Twins game this past Wednesday and sat way up in the left-field home run porch area (it was a free ticket, no complaining from me). Despite being high up it was still a great view and I didn't feel that far away at all.

Yeah, I just think its the type of stadium that has no bad seat, it made me jealous. I had a job interview up there too so hoping many more games in future, next time definitely going to try the specialized beer.

I've been there for 2 games - I've made note several times of the last game I attended there because it was the worst baseball experience I've ever, ever had - but it's a great stadium and a great place to watch a ball game. I had standing room seats, which sound rough, except that you can pick any number of places around the park to watch the game. Going again in September and looking forward to actually sitting this time and not having to watch the catastrophe that was Bobby Jenks.