TOR @ NYY 7:05

SOX @ KC 8:10

TEX @ LAA 10:05

Edited by HickoryHuskers

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 02:15 AM)
I just have this gut feeling that the Sox are the ones to lead all season and Detroit, the overwhelming favorite to start the season, will sweep past us at the end laughing all the way. I just picture it for some reason.

You've been rooting for Detroit and/or KC to pass the Sox all season, maybe your dreams will finally come true?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 12:15 AM)
I just have this gut feeling that the Sox are the ones to lead all season and Detroit, the overwhelming favorite to start the season, will sweep past us at the end laughing all the way. I just picture it for some reason.

You also had a gut feeling KC would finish ahead of the Sox this year too. How'd that work out?

For the new one-game wild card playoff, you set a 25-man roster, then you are allowed to set a different 25-man roster for the LDS, so you don't have to include any starters that aren't available. That makes for some interesting possibilites. I thought this was a good article by Joe Sheehan breaking it down.

Sox and Detroit now have an exactly equal number of home and away games remaining, with the Sox still holding a two game lead. Sox have their most difficult of the four remaining series next, while the Tigers have their easiest, so losing one more game off the lead over the weekend shouldn't be a disaster.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 06:44 AM)
Sox and Detroit now have an exactly equal number of home and away games remaining, with the Sox still holding a two game lead. Sox have their most difficult of the four remaining series next, while the Tigers have their easiest, so losing one more game off the lead over the weekend shouldn't be a disaster.

For any fans worried about the upcoming schedule, I pass along these two important facts:

1. Against teams not based in Detroit & Kansas City, the Sox have played .616 (69-43) baseball this season.

2. The Sox have zero games left against teams from Detroit & Kansas City.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 06:57 AM)
For any fans worried about the upcoming schedule, I pass along these two important facts:

1. Against teams not based in Detroit & Kansas City, the Sox have played .616 (69-43) baseball this season.

2. The Sox have zero games left against teams from Detroit & Kansas City.

We are also playing a do or die Angels team ;)

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
Orioles on their way to another extra inning win. Unreal.

Thome with big double.

What is that, 14 or 15 straight extra inning wins?

Absolutely crazy one in the Bronx. Oakland hits 3 homers to take a 4 run lead in the 13th, Yankees score 4 in the bottom half, win on an error in the bottom of the 14th.

Dont know where to post this but Scott Diamonds been lights out when its light out (sub 3 era), I picked him up on my fantasy team. I have 6 wins and a 1.69 era in my semi finals game in my money league, heres hopin my good luck this week rubs off on Diamond!! (if not i have a pretty wide margin of error so its all good)

Yankees have a one game lead on Baltimore.

Wildcard:

Bal 87-65 +1

Oak 86-66 -

LAA 84-69 2.5

TB 83-70 3.5

Schedules:

NY: 3 at Min, 4 at Tor, 3 vs Bos

Bal: 4 vs Tor, 3 vs Bos, 3 at TB

Oak: 4 at Tex, 3 vs Sea, 3 vs Tex

LAA: 3 vs Sea, 3 at Tex, 3 at Sea

TB: 2 at Bos, 4 at Chi, 3 vs Bal

AL Best Record:

Texas

NY Yankees -2

Baltimore -3

AL Central:

SOX

Detroit -1

AL East:

NY Yankees

Baltimore -1

Wild Card Standings:

Baltimore +1

Oakland

LA Angels -2½

Tampa Bay -3½

9/24 Games:

TOR @ BAL 4:05, 7:05

KC @ DET 7:05

OAK @ TEX 8:05

CLE @ SOX 8:10

NYY @ MIN 8:10

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 06:21 PM)
What is that, 14 or 15 straight extra inning wins?

Absolutely crazy one in the Bronx. Oakland hits 3 homers to take a 4 run lead in the 13th, Yankees score 4 in the bottom half, win on an error in the bottom of the 14th.

They have won games this year in the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, and 18th innings this year. First time in baseball history that has happened.