White Sox Rumor Catch-All

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
I know you are all about doubting the pitchers, but Floyd has been pretty good his last six starts. his WHIP has been high because of a lot of walks, but I think his ERA is something like 1.60

Sale: 5 ER in 6.1 IP = really battled

Quintana: 4 ER in 7 IP = kept us in it

Floyd: 1 ER in 6.2 IP = head up his ass

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:41 AM)
I said it in the Marlins thread yesterday, but I can't see how that organization rebounds from this year in the next 2-3 years.

They have to be relocated, right? I know they have this new stadium, but their already crappy fanbase is just going to turn on them even more. That or the team needs a new owner.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:31 AM)
Thank you; it's a good feeling to have your back covered when you have to step away for a while.

The Sox have a very solid rotation when they are all healthy and rested. Quite frankly, they are not currently in that state.

I think you could replace "The Sox" with any of the playoff eligible teams and that would be true. Again, who would the Sox get with the chips they have. Kenny is an early bird. He upgraded the pieces needed. Anything else is a want at this point.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
They have to be relocated, right? I know they have this new stadium, but their already crappy fanbase is just going to turn on them even more. That or the team needs a new owner.

Maybe Ozzie should insult the Cubans again. That might get them into the park to protest his ass!

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:47 AM)
Sale: 5 ER in 6.1 IP = really battled

Quintana: 4 ER in 7 IP = kept us in it

Floyd: 1 ER in 6.2 IP = head up his ass

I don't really want to come off as being down on our pitching staff. I think that we have a good starting staff, maybe the best as a group in the A. L., but right now it just looks like a train wreck waiting to happen.

I hope that Quintana & Sale get over their respective "dead arms", Peavy never has his "dead arm". Humber & Floyd pitch as well as they are capable of pitching, Lariano pitches like a man on a mission (for a new contract), and Danks has a miraculous healing happen and pitches like an "ACE". Wouldn't it be great to be arguing 2 months from from now on which ones of the 7 deserve to be in the playoff rotation more than the others.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:31 AM)
Thank you; it's a good feeling to have your back covered when you have to step away for a while.

The Sox have a very solid rotation when they are all healthy and rested. Quite frankly, they are not currently in that state.

You're referring to one starter right now though who stands out (Sale) - and they aren't shutting him down as of yet. Yes, everyone should be concerned with Sale, Peavy and Quintana, but that's why the White Sox added Liriano to the mix so that they could have options in the month of August, with some off days mixed in, to get some of these guys extra rest.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 05:04 PM)
I think the Tigers should take him and promote the fattest 3-4-5 in MLB history. CLee doesn't have much power anymore.

No power and no strike outs. He's like Juan Pierre's clone now at the plate.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
I don't really want to come off as being down on our pitching staff. I think that we have a good starting staff, maybe the best as a group in the A. L., but right now it just looks like a train wreck waiting to happen.

I hope that Quintana & Sale get over their respective "dead arms", Peavy never has his "dead arm". Humber & Floyd pitch as well as they are capable of pitching, Lariano pitches like a man on a mission (for a new contract), and Danks has a miraculous healing happen and pitches like an "ACE". Wouldn't it be great to be arguing 2 months from from now on which ones of the 7 deserve to be in the playoff rotation more than the others.

At some point, you need the starters in the rotation to step up and lead the team to the playoffs. You can't try to go 8 or 9 deep in the rotation just to cover for guys fading at the end of the year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)

I am betting they have a long term lease to go along with that new stadium. I know the Sox signed a twenty year deal with the New Comiskey Park.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)

I was not meaning to single you out.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)

see, I dont think the wheels are falling off on everyone else like you do, but I keep seeing Danks getting mentioned. He is not coming back, the Sox arent saying it outright, but they have already thrown the words "surgery possible" out there, and every time he takes one step forward he takes three back.

They have already taken steps to cover his spot in the rotation starting with Liriano

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:07 AM)
I was not meaning to single you out.

Oh I know, it takes alot to offend me. It's just that from my last few posts people could get the idea that I hate our starters.

As Hawk says "It's all good". :gosox1:

I have no idea what his contract is, or if he would be considered available at all, but for a name that K.W. could go after, how about Cy (otherwise known as Bruce) Chen. Not an "ACE", but capable of several decent outings yet this year. The Royals have to consider themselves out of it by now right.

:bringit

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
I have no idea what his contract is, or if he would be considered available at all, but for a name that K.W. could go after, how about Cy (otherwise known as Bruce) Chen. Not an "ACE", but capable of several decent outings yet this year. The Royals have to consider themselves out of it by now right.

:bringit

His ERA is 5.49 this year

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:19 AM)
I think it's probably somewhere in between.

He wasn't at all sharp at the beginning of the game, but as he settled in, you could see he started hitting his spots a lot more often and getting much easier outs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
I think he's a poor man's Buerhle myself. When he's off a bit, he's going to get rocked, just like Buerhle gets rocked for stretches. I think he'll bounce back. If he can put the ball where he wants to put it, you don't have to have much stuff.

Its been difficult for him to put the ball where he wants his last few starts. I dont have him bouncing back and dominating like he was for the first part of the season.