SOX GAMETHREAD: LETS MAKE IT TWO

Kyyle23

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
Sure it's possible, he has no track record for us fans to rely on.

What Ive been saying is I dont think his 2.30 ERA was sustainable. Sure its all a guess. Thats my guess.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:57 AM)
Well you would be incorrect they arent fact.

Then say that it's you're opinion, don't come on every night and say things like, "This is the Quintana we'll see the rest of the year" It's pessimistic, annoying, and uses absolutely no sound logic.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
I think we found a diamond in the rough and his ERA is likely to be 3.00-4.00 rather 6 the rest of the way. But anything is possible. He's in the same boat as Sale as far as innings pitched goes.

See I dont think we found a diamond in the rough. I think to much has to go right for Quintana to pitch as well as he has been. I think he was lucky to be as successful as he has been.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
Then say that it's you're opinion, don't come on every night and say things like, "This is the Quintana we'll see the rest of the year" It's pessimistic, annoying, and uses absolutely no sound logic.

I frankly dont care what you think about what Im saying. Block me if you find it annoying.

That pitch couldn't have been more in his wheelhouse to hit into the LF bullpen. Instead, he's doing that stupid windmill swing that has no chance but to pop it up to right. I have absolutely no problem with KW trying to trade him this week.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:00 AM)
See I dont think we found a diamond in the rough. I think to much has to go right for Quintana to pitch as well as he has been. I think he was lucky to be as successful as he has been.

Obviously there's been some luck to it, not a lot of pitchers throw up a 2 ERA, but he also throws strikes consistently, plays behind a very good defense, lets his fielders make plays, and has a really good cutter that he's not afraid to throw inside, as well as some pretty good moxie for a pitcher his age. Anyone who doesn;t know that they're seeing a pretty good young pitcher is nuts.