SOX GAMETHREAD: LETS MAKE IT TWO

Kyyle23

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
No one in their right mind is expecting him to do that for a whole season. No one can; that's not the point. He can, however, be a very good pitcher for us this year and for years to come if he locates his pitches the way we've seen he's capable of.

Ill eat crow if he does.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
I blocked that one rude new guy and it's been great not having to read his posts. Nobody responds to him so I don't have to see his posts in the quote box.

As did I greg. Good choice.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:07 AM)
Beckham can't hit. Trade him to an NL team so we can forget about him. If we trade him to an AL team, he'll just haunt us like so many former Sox do. I thought Beckham would be a star. He can't hit.

The only way I'm for keeping Beckham is if his parents come to every game the rest of his career.

He will figure it out. You guys sound as if you think Beckham and other young hitters aren't trying to work on their weaknesses

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:17 AM)
He will figure it out. You guys sound as if you think Beckham and other young hitters aren't trying to work on their weaknesses

Beckham's has had a ton of chances with the White Sox to "figure it out".

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)

We've been saying this for 4 years now.

I heard the same thing about Brian Anderson, Josh Fields and Joe Borchard. Never happened.

Isn't Gordon's career average at USCF in the .220's? That's just not acceptable for a doubles hitter.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:10 PM)
I dont think he can do it for a whole season. If he continues to pitch like he has in the first half you can quote this and put this in your sig. Ill gladly eat crow.

I'm not here trying to make anyone look bad. I just see a pitcher with a bright future . He has to build up his arm and regression is fairly likely since he's in new territory for innings pitched. I expect him to be a fixture in the rotation for many years. I won't say I told you so if he finishes the year doing well if you don't say I told you so if things go the way you predicted. Predicting a Sox to fail and then crowing about it is nothing to brag about.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
I'm not here trying to make anyone look bad. I just see a pitcher with a bright future . He has to build up his arm and regression is fairly likely since he's in new territory for innings pitched. I expect him to be a fixture in the rotation for many years. I won't say I told you so if he finishes the year doing well if you don't say I told you so if things go the way you predicted. Predicting a Sox to fail and then crowing about it is nothing to brag about.

Do you really think I want him to fail?