SOX GAMETHREAD: LETS MAKE IT TWO

Kyyle23

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in the Trade winds thread but Ryan Roberts is available. I will take him over Gordon. I am so sick of these p**** at bats he gives us, especially in crucial times. He is a consummate rally killer. The only good thing you can say about him is he plays good D.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
I proposed to my friend, who is a brewers fan, a Weeks for beckham swap. What say you, soxtalk?

I'd really miss Gordon on the keystone turn. That double play combo has been huge this year in saving the pitchers runs. Problem is he has mostly given it back at the plate.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
I proposed to my friend, who is a brewers fan, a Weeks for beckham swap. What say you, soxtalk?

Richie has almost as many K's as Dunn without the power.

Jemile almost makes Gordon look like a good hitter.

But yeah, I'd take Richie in a heartbeat at this point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
I'd really miss Gordon on the keystone turn. That double play combo has been huge this year in saving the pitchers runs. Problem is he has mostly given it back at the plate.

No 2B better at the turn, IMO.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:43 AM)

Brewers would have to pay most of Weeks' salary. I think Weeks will hit better the rest of the year though, but Beckham is the superior defender.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
No 2B better at the turn, IMO.

I was thinking that, but I may well be biased. He is about as nice on the turn as a prime time Robbie Alomar, IMO. Granted he does nothing else as well as Alomar...

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:43 AM)

Who is our second baseman of the future now? Beckham is a flop, so who gets the nod next year?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
I was thinking that, but I may well be biased. He is about as nice on the turn as a prime time Robbie Alomar, IMO. Granted he does nothing else as well as Alomar...

No doubt. It's so tough to transfer and throw and Beckham's throws are almost always perfect chest high.

Why do we have Brett Myers in our bullpen?

Okay...well, maybe it's better to get some confidence back in Nate's thought process, because he might need to replace Crain again.

MATT THORNTON, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET A LH BATTER (Morneau) out.

Doumit's a switch hitter who looks like Seann William Scott. Or is it William Sean Scott? Whatever, get him out.