Neal Cotts tomorrow...

Bighurt52235

He's already had his first start, so those jitters will not be so prevalent. I think he's gonna be all right if he just gets ahead of the batters and focuses on pitching. He knows how to pitch, so his approach will determine if he pitches well or not. I tend to think he's gonna have a good game tomorrow.

He's already had his first start, so those jitters will not be so prevalent.  I think he's gonna be all right if he just gets ahead of the batters and focuses on pitching.  He knows how to pitch, so his approach will determine if he pitches well or not.  I tend to think he's gonna have a good game tomorrow.

i hope so... it seems that lately alot of guys have gotten our pitchers number. we have been getting hit hard :angry:

Not the worse place for him to be in. The hitters will be fired up to avoid the sweep. Looking across the field, the other starter is 0-1 with an identical 7.71 ERA. If he pitches 5-6 good innings and we are within 2 runs he has done a very good job. He is not at the Cell so the fans will not be hometown fans on his ass.

This game isn't up to Neal, it's up to our veteran players to come through with some hits and getting on the board early. Last night we needed a quality outing from Bart and didn't get it. Tonight we need another quality offensive show like the last two nights.

Not the worse place for him to be in. The hitters will be fired up to avoid the sweep. Looking across the field, the other starter is 0-1 with an identical 7.71 ERA. If he pitches 5-6 good innings and we are within 2 runs he has done a very good job. He is not at the Cell so the fans will not be hometown fans on his ass.

This game isn't up to Neal, it's up to our veteran players to come through with some hits and getting on the board early. Last night we needed a quality outing from Bart and didn't get it. Tonight we need another quality offensive show like the last two nights.

Sox hitters fired up to avoid a sweep? Probably as fired up as they were in Detroit. Cotts will really show me something tonight if he pitches well. I believe the deck is stacked against him. And remember, the Sox have never faced the other starter, a fact I'm getting so sick of hearing. Every other team who has never faced him lights him up, the Sox go meakly into the night. Maybe after the first 2 games the Rangers will be a little tired from running the bases and Buck will borrow a page out of JM's book and rest everybody.

I think he's gonna be all right if he just gets ahead of the batters and focuses on pitching.

And, to go with getting ahead of the batters, he needs to stay there and not walk 6 in 2 1/3rd's innings again. Obviously, you're not ahead of many hitters very often if you are walking >2 an inning.

Sox hitters fired up to avoid a sweep? Probably as fired up as they were in Detroit. Cotts will really show me something tonight if he pitches well. I believe the deck is stacked against him. And remember, the Sox have never faced the other starter, a fact I'm getting so sick of hearing. Every other team who has never faced him lights him up, the Sox go meakly into the night. Maybe after the first 2 games the Rangers will be a little tired from running the bases and Buck will borrow a page out of JM's book and rest everybody.

We had never faced Robert Ellis before had we?

He doesn't count. He was an old Sox farmhand, even though it was before most of the guys on the team were around. But this never faced him before thing has been going on for the last 3 years. Offense hasn't been the problem in Texas for the Sox. They have scored more than enough to win. But if they score 2 runs tonight, we'll hear that old song and dance.With the exception of Buerhle, the Sox starters have been awful this road trip. And with the bullpen like it is, its going to take a lot of runs to win.